Zac V: The Long Night

Warning: contains a sex scene.

Castle Rowan was the perfect defence against zombies. No matter how great a horde, nobody could scale the high walls of the castle, or so they told themselves.

The three of them went up the winding path up the castle, passing by the many gatehouses which barred the only direct path into the castle from the outside world, all the while being constantly surveyed by guards.

Upon entering one of the main reconnaissance buildings, a guard showed them the path to the elevator. As instructed, they ascended to the 41st floor.

The elevator opened into what seemed to be a meeting room, a finely carved cave-hall with red and brown walls, sofas and chairs all around. It was fairly warm there, but the pleasant kind of warm.

There by the fireplace stood a posh man: "Welcome, friends."

"Evening!" greeted Jasper, shaking hands with the guy, "we meet again, brother-in-law."

"Brother-in-law?" Zac and Yara looked at each other, their confusion forming into pristine smiles. Jasper seemed to not only know him, and also be on friendly terms with him.

"Please take a seat," he said, they took their seats on the sofas and put their weapons down. "So tell me: what caused your untimely arrival?"

"Getting chased down," replied Jasper, "we were lured outside our castle, and then ambushed by a great horde. We tried to fly back home, but they brought down our chopper and had us exiled from our land. We travelled through the crypts for days, passing under the mountains. Your castle was the safest and closest place I knew, thus our visit."

"I see," the man nodded, "you made the right choice. We could always use one other soldier. But regardless, you three must be tired. Take some rest, I'll ask my steward to allocate rooms in the apartment for you. We'll have a talk in the morning."

"Thank you," replied Jasper.

***

The sun sunk beneath the mountains and the shadow of night fell over the country, shrouding the wetlands surrounding the Danube in a dreary fog, but Castle Rowan was unaffected.

Zac was lazing around on his bed, unsure of what to do with himself. He didn't feel like doing anything. Fear was starting to overtake him.

Even though he and his comrades had finally found refuge, it didn't stop him from feeling a wave of dread and anxiety. Not only from what was outside, but inside as well. Who's to say that they could even trust this place and the people running it at all?

He sighed. He didn't want to stay here on his own. He needed to be with someone.

He knocked on Jasper's door.

"Who is it?"

"Uh, it's Zac."

"I'm not falling for that trick, zombie!"

There was a moment of silence.

"Ha, I'm just kidding, come on in."

Zac did so, happy to finally spend some alone time with Jasper. The way he was lying on the bed made Zac's mind race with dirty thoughts...no, he had to resist his urges. What if Jasper would stop being his friend?

"Hey..." was all Zac could muster, trying not to blush.

"Is everything ok?" Jasper asked, concerned for his well-being.

"Yeah...I'm just...I'm a little scared..."

Jasper merely gave a consoling smile and patted Zac on the head, ruffling his fluffy hair slightly.