Brynjolf x Reader

Requested by~ MysticalJedi <3

~Five years ago~

I could tell it was Brynjolf. The red hair, the green eyes,...How could he not be? 

"Brynjolf?" I said. He smiled at me.

"Y/n! It's been a while, lass." Brynjolf said, bringing me into a hug. I hugged him tightly, nuzzling into his shoulder. The cool air of Whiterun drifted over us, and Brynjolf let go.

"I have to go. 'Till we meet again, lass." He playfully pecked my hand, smiled, and walked away. 

~Current time~

I was running. Panting. Yelling for help. Dodging. 

Bandits were chasing me. I screamed when I saw a blade nearly strike me. Suddenly, I was picked up and thrown (ahem-yeeted) to the side. A cloaked figure with piercing green eyes was fighting off the bandits. 

Saving me...

After they were done fighting off the bandits, I stood up.

"H-Hey! Thanks for...saving me." I was out of breath. Something about this person seemed too familiar. But, what? All the figure did was give a firm nod and dissolved off into the night in front of my eyes.

~

A few days later, I was in Riften, hoping to find some excitement there. Suddenly, a man wearing a classy tunic and holding a bottle of some red liquid walked up to me. Except, his face was blocked by the hood of his cloak. What's up with all the creepy guys? He didn't talk. He didn't move his green gaze off of me once. Not. A. Single. Time. He had a note in his hand. He put it in my pocket, then walked away.

'Meet me in the Ratway.

~B'

Curiosity filled my mind after reading that note. Who was 'B'? Why me?

~

After eating dinner, I considered the note. Staring at the pearl white paper in my fist, I crumbled it and threw it across the room, got up, and stormed out the door to the Ratways. Once I got there, there was another note. 

'Meet me by my stand tomorrow.

~B' 

I groaned in frustration. Why could he not just have me meet me at his stand?! I stormed out, slamming the door shut, then walked home. In the morning, I quickly got up and went to the stand. There, the cloaked man stood. At his stand. Bottle in hand.

"Glad you could make it, la-." He cut himself off. Weird.

"Who are you?!"

"That's not important at the moment. Listen, I want you to steal Madesi's ring, then plant it in Brand-Shei's pocket. Understood?" The voice was clearly male, deep. I, for some reason, did what he said. Every single thing. And I didn't get caught somehow.

"Well, color me surprise. You can do simple tasks. Meet me in the Ratway." I felt a wave of heat wash over me. Why did he seem too familiar...?

~~You pretty much go through the quest line~~

~~After Mercer's defeat...~~

"Well, I say Y/n would make a great leader." Sapphire said, crossing her arms. The masked man that I've known for a while nodded. 

"I..I..um...I guess I'd be a good leader..." I said, smiling shyly. Suddenly, the man revealed himself. I knew it.

"Brynjolf." I whispered. His smile sent shivers down my spine as he stepped closer to me. He lifted my head so that I met his green eyes. 

"Lass. I'm guessing you knew it was me the whole time?" I didn't reply, I only ran and hugged him. 

"Yes...Sure...I had a feeling. But why?" He chuckled.

"I guess I wanted it to be a surprise. A big surprise." I felt a wave of confidence wash over me and I pulled him close, pressing my lips to his in a quick kiss. He stood there, shocked for a split second, but returned the kiss. A few seconds later, we pulled away, cheeks dusted red. 

That ended quickly..I feel like I missed a whole bunch/got a whole bunch wrong... whoops.

628 words