Chapter 3

Sorry everyone who is still reading this story! I took some time off to work on myself and this story! Updates should now be more frequent. 

(This is also a short chapter)

Please enjoy!

~

"SCREECH!" The call of a hawk shrills across the dark night.

I look up, my brown eyes tracking the bird circling above. I whistle. The bird turns on its wings and dives down, straight toward me. It lands perfectly on my gloved hand.

My other hand opens and the hawk drops a pair of keys into it. I grin, "Good girl Blade." My beautiful red-tailed hawk screeches and nuzzles me with her head. She was a rich brown color with red tipped tail feathers. Her underbelly was snow white.

"3,2,1....." I think to myself.

"Hey! Who stole the keys?" A surprised voice yips.

Shuffling and yelps of fear is heard as I stay crouched on the dark rooftop, my figure invisible against the night. I hear shouts and the heavy clinking of armor and smirk, "Come on my dear. We need to scram."

This kingdom, known as the Rosewater Kingdom, housed the best sea and trading ports of the three truced kingdoms. The wealthy patrons from the exotic land across the sea often came here so it was also the richest. It apparently was also the only one with a supposedly friendly Prince. But I knew better.

I stand up, my black cloak hiding my body, and my hood masking my face. I whistle and my bird flies upward, hovering above me.

"There!" Shouts one of the guards. "Its Silver Mask! It's him!"

I became such a notorious thief in all three of the kingdoms that I got a nickname.

I grin, though nobody saw it under the darkness of my hood. I tuck in the keys into a pocket and run towards the ladder. I crawl down nimbly, and land on the open, dark road. Mostly everyone was asleep, except for the nobles who are dancing drunk in their lavishing homes. I whistle again and my bird dives, following me.

"Over there!" I hear a guard shout.

I keep my head down and hide my face with my long dark hood. Then, I run.

"Get 'im!" Shouts one of the guards and then they begin to dash after me.

I roll my eyes. "Pfft, amateurs." I think to myself and skid into any alleyway. Blade was flying smoothly behind me.

My eyes skim the pitch-black alleyway before the glossy shine of eyes pops out at me. I smile, walking over to the midnight black beast hiding in the corner. The beast of a horse snorts and stomps its hooves. I put my hand on my stallion's warm neck and he neighs quietly. "Come boy, I promise a nice long rest after this. Promise. Let's just do this." The horse snorts, as if understanding me and will make me keep my promise. I smile gently.

I jump onto my large stallion, Midnight, and he snorts, excited for the run; even after our long day. "He-ya!" I shout, digging my heels into his side. He neighs, charging forward.

Right as I predicted, the armored guards come to view. Their determination held their features as they were excited to catch 'Silver Mask'. Then, that excitement vanishes as they see my hulking horse running toward them. I smirk and squeeze my thighs around Midnight's sides and he jumps; right on my cue as the soldiers come closer. He leaps, flying right over their heads. All of the soldiers freeze in awe.