Chapter 25

Christmas

I rang the doorbell at Jason's apartment at 10 A.M. sharp. It took him some time before he opened the door.

"Merry Christmas!" I greeted him excitedly.

"Merry Christmas." he smiled and I walked in.

I pecked his lips and then took my shoes off. "Hold this." I said and gave him his present.

"Didn't I tell you not to buy me anything?" he asked. "Don't be silly." I replied and put my slippers on, then took off my coat.

I took the present back and he looked surprised. "Don't I get to open it?" he asked.

"Later. I'll put it under the tree for now." I said and went to his living room.

I saw one present already there with a silver wrapping paper and a red bow, it was wrapped the exact opposite of mine.

"Look, they are like jing and jang." I told Jason when I put the present down.

"Are we soulmates or what?" he chuckled. "Indeed." I said.

"I like how you decorated. Looks good for a guy." I shrugged and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Come here." he said and I walked over to where he was standing. "What?" I asked. "I have something for you." he said.

"What?" I asked.

He leaned in and kissed me. "That's all?" I joked and he gasped.

"That's more than some people get." he said.

"Thank you, I loved it." I replied and hugged him. He picked me up and spun me around. "Jason, put me down!" I demanded.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because I'm heavy." I said. "You're not." he said and put me down. "Well, you still let go of me." I shrugged.

"Shut up." he said. "Let's start making lunch then." he continued and went into the kitchen.

"What are you gonna make?" I asked.

"I don't know yet." he said and took the cookbook out of the drawer.

"Why don't I make you lunch for a change?" I asked.

"Okay." he quickly replied and shoved the book in my hands. "I'll watch." he added and sat down.

I was flipping pages in the book, looking for something that looked good and was easy to make too.

"Where did you get this book?" I sighed.

"It came with a pan." he shrugged and I laughed.

"This is too complicated." I replied.

"Okay. Fried eggs will be alright as well." he joked and I glared at him.

"I'll make mac and cheese." I informed him.

"Alrighty." he smiled widely.

I organized everything so the lunch was ready by noon.

"This is good." Jason commented after the first bite. "Thank you." I replied.

I did the washing up after we finished and then joined Jason in the living room. "Is it time for presents now?" he asked impatiently.

"You bet." I replied and took the present I got for him and gave it to him, he did the same.

"Thank you." we both said in unison and laughed after.

We plopped down on the sofa and started unwrapping our presents eagerly.

"I made it myself." Jason stated proudly when I picked up the Christmas card with glitters and everything.