Chapter 29

Days went by, weeks went by, three months went by and guess what? Everything was just fine.

It was fine between me and Jason, it was great between him and my family, dad and I were also good.

I spent a lot of time overthinking everything, trying to find a hole or anything even slightly suspicious in everybody's behavior. Unsuccessfully though.

Jason told me multiple times to just let it go and enjoy the peace and quiet. I eventually gave up and realized that maybe everybody really did accept the thought of us.

Mark didn't go back to college since he missed too much already and there's no way in hell he could catch up with the rest of his friends.

So he was at home for most of the time, unless he was working. He decided he'll go back to college in October and start the year all over again.

He was a bit sad that he'll be behind everybody he knew but sometimes life works that way. I know this very well now, too.

I stopped by at Jason's apartment on my way home from school that afternoon just to check on him. He turned out to be allergic to pollen and since it was April, this wasn't the best time for him.

"Hey, J." I greeted him as I walked into his apartment like I owned it.

"J?"

"Rhymes with hey." I shrugged. "How are you?" I asked and walked up to him.

"Better, thanks." he said.

I took my bag off my shoulders and placed it on the floor next to the sofa, then sat down.

"Are we still on for Saturday though?" I asked concerned.

"Sure." he nodded.

"Alrighty." I mocked him and pecked his lips.

"How was school?" he asked and turned off the TV to look at me.

"Good." I shrugged and played with the hem of my shirt.

What Jason doesn't know is that I'm probably failing my Biology class this year. Not because I got bad grades, mostly because I never showed up to the lab since I'm partnered up with Riley.

Actually, my parents don't know that I'm failing yet either and neither does Mark. It's my dirty little secret.

I plan on retaking Biology in the summer and I'm sure I'll pass but what worries me is the effect it will have on my GPA and my chances to get into a good college.

"Harper?" Jason brought me back to reality since I seemed to drift away with my mind.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I asked if you have a lot of homework?" he repeated himself.

"No, I don't have any." I shrugged.

"Okay, will you stay here then? I plan on ordering pizza for dinner."

"Okay." I nodded in approval and made myself comfortable on the sofa. "Do you want to play UNO?" I suggested.

"Again?" he whined.

"Rummy?" I asked.

"I don't want to play cards again, sorry. Movie?" he suggested instead.

"No." I whined.

"Why do you always need to have it your way?" he asked and crossed his arms over his chest.

"What?" I exclaimed. "I'm not trying to have it my way, am I insisting on playing cards? No. You said no and it's a no then but I don't want to watch TV again." I shrugged.