chapter 1

Colby's POV
I was walking in the city of Los Angeles California by himself. I was listening to some of his favorite songs with only one earbud in. It was midnight and some if my roommates were texting me to see where I was. I texted them back saying that i'm coming home now. They texted back okay. I turned my phone off and sighed. I thought to myself 'i just want to be alone'. I passed an alleyway and then stopped walking. I heard some quietly sobs coming from the alleyway. I walked back in front of the alleyway.

I said "is anyone in here." when i said that. The sobbing stopped. I then got my phone and turned the flashlight on. I then walked into the alley. I was looking around until I saw something behind a trash bin. I moved a trash bin and I gasped in shock. Their was a girl and she was crying in fear. I looked closely at her and saw that their was a lot of rips in her shirt. Their was even a lot of bruises and even she was really skinny. Their was even a scar on her face. I said "hello?" She paused and was shaking. I said "Are you ok? Where's your parents?" She cried and quietly said "i-i don't h-have any p-parents." I nodded and said "do you want me to take you home?" She said "a-are you g-going to h-hurt m-me?" I was said "no, i'll never hurt you." She nodded. I said "my name is Colby, what's yours?" She said "m-my name i-is N-Night." I nodded and said "ok, Night do you want to live with me and my roommates?" She looked at me and nodded her head.

I turned my flashlight off. She got up off the ground. She was walking next to me. I said "the house isn't that far." She nodded. We were walking for a while until we reached to the house. I put in the password for the gate. The gate opened and we walked to the house. The lights were off. I opened the front door with my keys. we walked in and i closed the door. I sighed in relief. We then walked upstairs. I said "your going to be staying in my room." She said "okay." I then showed her my room. She was looking around. I opened my closet and got some clothes for her to change in. I said "here's some clothes so that you can change." She smiled a bit. i said "you can take a shower, the bathroom is right next to my room." She nodded and walked out of my room. I heard the door closed and then I heard the water running.

I got my phone out and plugged my phone into the charger. I laid down on my bed and was looking at YouTube. I started to watch some YouTube videos. When I was watching a video the door opened. I paused the video and saw Night walking in and closed the door. I looked at her and said "are you ok?" She looked at me and said "yeah, i'm o-okay."

I smiled and said "ok, do you want me to bandage up your cuts and bruises?" She nods, i got up off my bed and grabbed the first aid kit in my closet. I then walked towards Night. She was sitting on my bed and I opened the kit and got the bandages. I was going to wrap her ankles and wrists up. She then flintched and moves back a bit. I said "it's ok, i'm not going to hurt you." I then slowly started to wrap the bruises up. I ask "how did you get these bruises?"
She said "i was living with a p-person that adopted me but then h-he started to h-hit me, he a-also c-chained m-me u-up and l-left me in the c-cage with nothing to e-eat or d-drink." I said "i'm so sorry you had to go through that." She nodded and was crying and shaking a lot. I finished putting the bandages on. I then sat down next to Night. I was hugging her and petting her head. She stopped crying and shaking. I looked down to see her sleeping. I then picked her up and moved her on my bed. I then laid down next to her. I was smiling at her and then I fell asleep.