Chapter Seven

**

- two months ago -

Blasius' point of view

"A friend asked me why this man exists. I replied, ❝he just does," said one of the two people standing right in front of me as in an answer to the question I have asked nearly a minute ago.

I wanted to know why does he exist, why does the Tall Man exist. I have never asked that before, although it has been on my mind for as long as I've known about him.

"I can't see why I should answer you in a different way," he then added quickly as he shrugged, "And if there was a reason for him to exist, as well as I'd know what it is, I don't know if I would ever tell you," he continued, uninterested.

I looked at Kate, hoping she would tell me, when I noticed she was staring me down the whole time.

The expression I could see on her face was not too far from emotionless.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm not telling you anything," I could hear her slightly hissing at me as she was obviously getting mad at me for even existing.

I looked away and started staring at Brian, knowing there's certain possibility of him telling me. Although he gets irritated very easily and doesn't want to speak that much, he does share information when needed and asked.

I slowly began to understand they're not gonna tell me and I might never know.

"Fine," I sigh as I walk out of the room I was in for hours without leaving and began walking down the stairs.

I carefully walked to the main door and left the mansion, trying to keep my balance so that I do not fall onto the ground.

It sometimes happens to me that I am dizzy when he's around, but this time it didn't matter how many times I looked around to see him. He wasn't there, or at least, I wasn't aware of his presence.

"Kill," I heard someone speak up. I looked around once again, just to see no one.

All of this is making me feel paranoid, I need to finally remember that he's making me go through this and that it's not actually happening, I thought, trying to calm myself down a little bit.

"Kill," I have heard the voice one more time, as I genuinely had believed my very own brain was about to explode from the unimaginable aching I was suddenly experiencing.

I leaned against the wall which was right behind me, trying hard not to fall onto the ground.

Soon enough, I had my head buried in dirt, as I was not strong enough to handle the torture he has just made me go through.

The last thing I remember before passing out was that it was quite difficult for me to stand up again, as well as the endless suffering.

After I woke, I stood up.

"Hey guys, welcome to my next video where I go through another abandoned building after weeks. I know a lot of you kept asking me to do this," I heard a female voice.

I personally do not remember making the choice to start walking towards where the voice of hers was coming from.

I do not remember seeing her holding a camera and her walking around the abandoned building. I also do not remember walking behind her, nor hearing anything she has really said out loud, nor waiting for her next move.

It wasn't me waiting for my victim to make a mistake, so that I can put them to the ground, so that they can't protect themselves, so that I can kill them.

It wasn't me doing any of those.

But, suddenly, I was carefully observing her every step. 

I was hiding behind the nearest tree, not wanting to let her see me.

I believe she knew she wasn't alone, that's why she's turned around numerous times.

There is not any more things I recall from that moment, but the next thing I remember was me looking at the lifeless body lying next to me on the now bloodied grass.

My own hands were also covered in fresh blood and I could see I was holding a knife.

I do not remember grabbing the knife before... or any kind of a weapon, really...

I did not remember ever seeing this girl before either.

Did I just kill a random person?

I knew I wouldn't kill anyone at all, no matter who it is.

Did he-

Oh no.

I came to the realization he has made me do this. He has been controlling what I was doing the whole time.

I wouldn't-

I wouldn't do that! I wouldn't do this, I wouldn't kill-

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I yelped as I fell on my knees in despair.

I wouldn't do that!

I slowly let go of the grasp of the weapon, letting it fall onto the ground right next to the dead body.

What am I supposed to do now?

WHAT AM I GONNA DO NOW?

I knew I had to have a clear mind, but I couldn't keep myself from panicking.

Fuck, I need to get rid of the body before anyone comes and sees, don't I?

He made me kill a person and then he left it all to me. He wanted to see what I'd do if that happened to me, huh? He's probably watching right now, aren't I right? He's watching me. He has to be.

I looked around to see if he was anywhere near me. He wasn't.

I could feel my heart shaking as I began walking towards the open entrance of the mansion.

I need to get rid of the blood.

I stepped in and came to the stairs. I wasn't able to breathe properly.

I ran up the stairs and looked in the mirror.

Damn it!

I couldn't even look at myself. I didn't manage to look myself in the eyes, but I knew they were dark. My very own thoughts were killing me. He was killing me.

At this point, I began to hear whispers. I didn't recognize what they have said, once again. I usually do not. And to be frank, this time I couldn't care less about what they are trying to tell me. I didn't care about what they want. I didn't care about them being there.

I didn't know whether I was just being paranoid or if it was actually happening, but I didn't care about that either, although they were getting louder with each passing second.

I wasn't sure for how long was I able to handle this.

As if it wasn't enough, I took every single piece of strength I still had in myself and made the mirror shatter into small pieces by punching it, making my own hand bleed, getting myself to be covered in even more blood.

And then it stopped.

Quiet.

**