Chapter 1. Don't Touch Me

So this is my first go at writing a story, hope I don't run into cliches, tell me if I do by the way.
These characters are purely mine and not to be copied please and thank you.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Jay's POV.

  High school, not your ideal place, but like you, I have no choice am I right? I was just walking down the hallway when I heard a boisterous laugh coming from just behind me, she was with her friend looking at something on her phone. Too loud if you ask me, and too smiley, it's gotta be fake. No one can be that happy. Her eyes literally glowed with joy.

"Jay! Pick up the pace man! I gotta get to class." My best and only friend Danton Phibbs was behind me, his shoes bumping into mine because of the tightly packed bodies. I tried to lengthen my strides and get around the person in front of me. "Hey! Are you Danton Phibbs? I heard your presentation in English Literature, and I absolutely LOVED it! You have such a unique outlook on Sir Gawain and I was honestly touched!"

I looked over my shoulder at the girl who was addressing my friend, she was Spanish with dark, long, black hair. I'm pretty sure her name is Amanda, but I don't usually make a practice of learning every girl's name here. "Hey, yeah... I mean the presentation was a...presentation I guess." Danton stuttered out, I tried to muffle the laugh that threatened to come out. Danton was never good at talking to girls and Amanda definitely wasn't an exception.

Amanda burst out laughing, "Oh Danton! You're so funny! How about we meet up at the burger joint after school? I'd like to get to know you a bit more." I knew it, since last year Danton had changed a lot, he no longer had the acne blotched skin and the short height. He now stood at about 6'2 easy, and that was without the shoes.

Now that his skin was in much better shape, his eyes and dirty blonde hair were now getting the attention. He had dark green eyes that girls said were 'enrapturing' whatever that means, and his blonde-ish hair hung loose in the 'sexy curls' as the girls also say.

I didn't care much for my looks, my pitch black hair and dark brown eyes rarely got as much  attention, but I don't care. I'd never really found a girl I really liked, so I'd never dated anyone. Danton, however dated a lot, and it looked like Amanda was next, I can't say that I like her that much. She was a little desperate and acted like the stereotypical blonde, even though she wasn't blonde.

I brought myself back to reality and walked into class. Great, that loud brunette was in my class, along with her friend, double great. "Welcome to class, students, let's get started." It was about 20 minutes into the class when the teacher stopped mid-sentence. "Avani Phillips? Natasha Testerman? Do you two Have something to share with the class?"

I turned around, just like everyone else and whadda ya know? It was the two loud friends from earlier. They shrunk back into their seats simultaneously, as if they'd scripted it, The darker haired one mumbled out a quiet "No, ma'am." As she looked down at her feet, the other was quiet as the dead and had pulled down her hoodie to cover her face.

"Well, I think we need to change the seating arrangements since you two are distracting the class." The teacher bit out, she was stern, no doubt about it, but she liked me since I was the more obedient student here. "Avani how about you switch seats with Danton Phibbs?" I froze and looked over at Danton, whom sat right. Beside. Me. Great.

The darker haired one jerked her towards Danton, "Please ma'am! Nat and I will be quiet! We didn't mean to disrupt your class Ms. Stenson." I guess the darker one was Avani then, Ms. Stenson wasn't having it, sadly, shaking her head immediately, "No Avani, I'm pretty sure I said switch seats with Danton." Avani hung her head and whispered an apology to Natasha.