2

Third POV:

Serafall, Sirzechs, and Grayfia were standing in front of the person that introduced himself as Supreme King Haou.

It was already a couple of hours since the attack happened. The Anti-Satan troops had already begun building a camp after tending to the wounded and counting the deceased.

Almost half of Serafall's soldiers were killed and most of what's left are wounded, much to her disdain.

Sirzechs' troops have joined in with the forces that were still capable of fighting. Their combined numbers were somewhere near a thousand.

With the reinforcements from Sirzechs, they managed to finally establish a base of operations near the city of Leviathaia. That leads them to this moment.

Right now, Haou's forces and the Dragon were standing behind him. They didn't move at all after he told them to be on stand by.

The two high generals of the Anti-Satan faction were now trying to identify these unknown forces, and Grayfia was there on Sirzechs' request.

"I think I speak for everyone when I ask, Who are you people?" Sirzechs asked. Going through the Civil War and the Great War made him cautious of all unknown factors.

"As I said, I am Supreme King Haou," the armored man replied, repeating what he said to Serafall.

Grayfia gave him a somewhat annoyed look. "You already said that. What we want to know, is where you people came from?" she asked. Never in her life has she, or the two generals, heard of these people, nor have they ever heard of someone with the title 'Supreme King'.

"Our home is rather far away," Haou said making it obvious he was hiding the important details. "It's also unpopular. Even if I say where we're from, you won't recognize the name."

All three Devils gave him a cautious look. "Forgive me, but that just makes you sound suspicious," the Silver-haired Devil said.

"That's rather hypocritical from you, isn't it," Haou said narrowing his eyes at her. "If I'm right, are you not Grayfia Lucifuge, the eldest child to the Lucifuge house, one of the biggest supporters to the Old-Satan faction," he said more as a fact than a question.

Grayfia tensed. She knew that her origin did make her suspicious, even more than he is. But, she was still curious about how he had so much information.

Truthfully, Haou had already done research on the major players of the Old-Satan faction, and the house of Lucifuge was on top of the list since a few of their members were children of Lucifer himself.

"I would also like to know what she is doing here, Sirzechs," Serafall asked glaring at the Silver-haired devil.

"Wait," Sirzechs got between the two female Devils. "I assure you, Serafall, she is on our side," he said trying to convince his childhood friend.

"That's right," Grayfia nodded backing up the Gremory general. "At first, I used to think that only those who hailed from the original Satans are supposed to lead Devils," she said looking down in shame at her past before she started shaking in anger. "But, I realized that you people are right. The Devils are on the brink of extinction, and if the war of the three Factions continues, we would all die out."

Serafall, however, couldn't look less convinced. "I still don't trust her," she grumbled. She couldn't just start trusting one of her former enemies just because of a change-of-heart… plus, she was a little angry at how Sirzechs was giving her all the attention.

"Of course you don't. It would be foolish if you did," Haou said drawing their attention. "Trust, like respect, is earned, not given. Only fools give trust blindly," he added.