Part 8

Shreya surveys most of the shops that were famous for such silver jewellery, but none of the makers could recognise the design. However at the last shop, one salesman says, "Search in the Kalidasa Jewellery House in Parel, they make payals of these intricate patterns."

Coming outside of the shop Shreya mentions to Vivek that the shop the salesman spoke of  was far away from Natasha's house. Since Rohan was not sure from where exactly Natasha purchased the payal he had given all the name of the jewellery houses to which Natasha was a frequent visitor and the list didn't mention the name of Kalidasa Jewellery House. But Vivek says they must try there believing the salesman.

 So both of them head to that shop in Parel. Reaching there Shreya asks a salesperson, "Look at this, was this bought from here?"

"Oh no mam, I handle the payal department. This is not our making."

"Look very closely. I have to find the maker."

The salesman chuckled and mocked, "If you are so keen, why don't you advertise it." 

Shreya took out her batch and asked again. The salesman's face changed. "Mam, mam I am telling the truth I have never seen this payal. But if you want to talk to our owner then please come this way." The salesman guided her to the owner's room and introduced her to Mr. Bhatt. Shreya informed him about the murder and showed him the payal.

"Well officer, the salesman indeed told you the truth. You will not find this kind of payal in all Mumbai."

"Are you kidding me? It is a piece of jewellery. There is nothing which cannot be found in Mumbai," Vivek was getting irritated now. These were famous jewellery shops of Mumbai and yet none of them could provide a single clue.

"Trust me officer. It cannot be found here. This payal is from Rajasthan and this design would never come here, because it was specially made for a royal family. See the symbol beside the clasp," Mr. Bhatt pointed.

"Which royal family?" Shreya asked.

"I am afraid I don't know anything else."

Shreya and Vivek came out of the shop empty handed. "Now I just hope, Abhijeet sir finds some clue at Natasha's house. Meanwhile let's go and inform ACP sir about what we learned here," Shreya said to Vivek.

Natasha's house was a small cottage type bungalow located in Bandra. There was no security guard and she had kept one spare key with Rohan. The interior was mostly of pastel colour and well furnished. Upon entering, there was a big drawing room; the walls decorated with Natasha and Ashok's picture and an LED TV in the middle of the big glass cubbroad that was filled with Natasha's awards, trophies, certificates and photographs. 

In the ground floor there were three bedrooms with attach bathrooms and one spare common bathroom beside the office room. The kitchen was also in the ground floor beside the dining room. The second floor was Natasha's rehearsal hall and a studio.

"How can this happen? Not a single clue?" Abhijeet retorted as he, Sachin and Purvi searched Natasha's house.

"Sir, she was such a big entity and still no CCTV cameras?" Sachin asked Abhijeet.

"Well, that is natural; Rohan had said she was a very private person and lead a very normal life."

"And there is no living relative whom we can question," Purvi said.

"Sir!" Freddy called from a small room under the stairs. "What is it Freddy, did you find something?" Abhijeet asked as they went to see.

"Sir, isn't this the same gold bracelet Ashok was wearing?" Freddy said. They all stared, Abhijeet took it and inspected, "Hmm, it's exactly the same."

"Sir there is this door," Freddy showed them a small wooden door attached to the wall. They opened it and saw it was Natasha's jewelleries. "Sir, Look!" Sachin pointed at a bangle lying beside the boxes. 

"All her jewelleries are in the boxes then why is this one lying outside?" Purvi asked. 

________________________________________________________________

So the origin of the payal is Rajasthan then how did it reach a dancer in Mumbai? 

Read on to know what happen next! 

And don't forget to share your views.