II

'Become rich overnight'

When Wednesday rolled around, I was actually looking forward to the work because well, what other reason could I have other than that they paid well. Even though the man was a jerk- from what I heard as his rules were quite absurd but he paid well and as long as I didn't face him, I had no reason not to go to work.

And as the woman said- whose name I forgot to ask, I just had to go two more times until they asked for more. So for now, I only had to go two more times and I'd get all the good money in my hands. So after cleaning my apartment thoroughly, I got ready and this time not in to my uniform because I didn't like it. It was a small skirt along with a shirt. I had to wear leggings under the skirt as I wasn't comfortable with my legs bare all the way and the skirt was pretty short. Instead I got dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a yellow tee shirt which I tucked inside the jeans and pulled on my sneakers.

My hair were pretty long, almost reaching my hips and the texture was a little curly so I put them in a bun at the top of my head. I grabbed my glasses, put them in my bag and walked out of the apartment. I didn't need glasses often but sometimes it got difficult to see because I had short sightedness. My glasses were one of the things that I never forgot to take with me whenever I left home. Just in case I needed them.

Following the same routine as the other day I finally reached the mansion and it still didn't cease to surprise me because it was just so grand. The stones made it look like it was drawn straight up from the ground by some earth bender, it didn't even look like it was built on it.

From last week's money, I finally bought Marco the red faux diamond collar and he was pretty happy after that. I also stocked my pantry with grocery and to be honest, life was going to be good for next few days.

From the day my parents left, which has only been seven years ago, I took care of myself, pretty much. I was fifteen when they died. My mother died in plane crash when she was visiting her home country Morocco. Me and my dad were home but after mom died, dad couldn't bring himself out of the depression.

He tried to be strong for me, consoled me and provided me with everything that I needed at that time but I could still hear him cry in his room. He was so alone and had nobody except for me. He had his brothers and sisters in Texas but their relationship wasn't strong because dad married mom after breaking his engagement with the girl chosen by the family so everyone just cut him off except for his younger brother who kept in contact with him.

So, when mom died, dad was completely alone. Abel, my youngest uncle couldn't even visit him because of his job in London and other family didn't give a fuck. Then after suffering for a year, dad got so depressed that he killed himself. One afternoon when I came home from school, at the age of sixteen, I found my dad dead at the bottom of the staircase with pills in his hand.

I was so numb that I didn't even cry or scream. I called the police and after that everything went downhill. They contacted my dad's family and they refused to take me in. Abel couldn't be contacted anymore. I was thrown in an orphanage until Abel was contacted. But police couldn't ever contact him. I guess he just didn't want to deal with the responsibility of a kid at such a young age. He was just twenty eight at that time.

I was taken in and out of so many orphanages and because of that I had to leave my school and friends behind. I had no way of contacting them so over time, I lost them. I studied in school where the social workers dropped me and it always felt like the orphanage was choking me so at the age of seventeen, I ran away. I thought only a year was left 'til I became an adult so it wouldn't be difficult to live on my own but boy was I wrong.

I couldn't find work, couldn't find any place to live so I scrubbed toilets in order to get few dollars that would help me survive, people didn't give me jobs because of my condition as I was always in dirty clothes. This went on for two months before finally Carla took pity upon me and took me in.