Chapter 13- Moments Like These

The first thing I noticed when I opened my eyes, was the soft feeling under me. As I scanned the familiar room, I caught two, brown orbs staring at me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked softly. I sat up and only a small pinch came from my leg.

"Better, thank you," I responded hoarsely.

"Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"No." He got up from the chair beside me and lied down next to me. His left arm wrapped around me and his fingers traced the side of my arm. I rested my head on his shoulder and made myself comfortable.

"I thought I had lost you," he said softly from above.

"You didn't."

"You don't realize how important the sound of your voice is to me," he replied. "You were gone for two days and I yearned for you, my wolf and I both. Our hearts beat as one and when you were gone, I was doing a solo." My heart swelled at his words and thumped at an un-normal rate. "I was afraid of finding my other half. I wasn't afraid of someone hurting you, I was afraid that I would hurt you myself. Everyone sees me as who I am... a monster, but when you didn't try to run away from me, when you responded to my kiss and to my touch, I knew how wrong I was. I realized how much I wanted you in my life, how much I needed you in my life, and it made me see how much you meant to me. Everyday, since the first day I met you, I ask myself the same question, over and over again. Why? Why did you stay? Why didn't you leave a monster like me? What did I do to deserve someone like you?" He breathed in deeply. As I replayed his sincere words in my mind with a small smile, I realized what he said was true, our hearts do beat as one.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

"You gave me something worth tripping over for, and I fell for you. You stole my heart, but the funny thing is, I don't want you to give it back," I replied just as softly and sincerely.

"I wasn't planning to."