Chapter 22- Home

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh of relief. He's finally gone for good.

Daniel was no longer near the remains of Henry when I opened my eyes. I grabbed my blanket from my bed and wrapped myself up as frantically went down the stairs to search for Nathaniel. I cashed into a person and when I recovered from the collision, I saw that is was Sarah.

"Chloe we need to talk," she replied with a guilty expression.

"I don't have anything to say to you," I said through gritted teeth as I stepped around her. She grabbed my arm and I turned to face her.

"Chloe please I had to save my mate. You have to understand that, he's important to me and I had to do it," she replied.

"What about my mate, Sarah? Why couldn't you call back and explain what was happening? I came back here thinking that everything had changed and that I was going to be reunited with the family I left behind, but I was wrong. I only came back to get stabbed in the back by the person I called my best friend. Maybe one day I'll be able to forgive what you did, but I'll never forget it, Sarah," I yanked my arm back as a tear slid down her cheek and I ran out before I apologized for my harsh words.

"Chloe!" Daniel's familiar voice called my name and I dashed to where his voice came from. Daniel was hovering over an unconscious, bloody Nathaniel.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked with worry. I unwrapped the blanket from me and covered Nathaniel's wounded body with the blanket. Daniel looked at me and when his eyes landed on my chest, he growled in anger. I looked down to be met with my bra and large scratches. Folding my arms over my chest, I looked away towards the dark, green forest.

"I hope so. We have to get him to a doctor- a pack doctor- as soon as possible," He finally responded. I nodded my head and Daniel picked Nathaniel up with a heart-breaking expression.

"Hang in there, brother," I heard Daniel whisper to Nathaniel as he walked in front of me. My heart cracked at the sight and I forced the tear threatening to come out, down. We passed by Henry's torn body and his eyes came in contact with mine. Somehow, his lips were forming a ghost of a smile and I closed my eyes, shivering as I walked faster from the scene.

**

"How is he?" Daniel asked the young-looking doctor who came out from Nathaniel's room. I stood abruptly from the floor with Daniel as I waited for a response.

"I'm sorry," he answered. I looked over at Daniel who had an unreadable expression. His fists were clenching and un-clenching. My hands started shaking and my vision got blurry. "I'm just kidding, he'll be alright," the doctor finished. Daniel looked at the doctor with a twitching eye and swung his fist back.

Before his fist connected with his face, the doctor was on the floor and my hand felt pain. Daniel looked at me in shock and pride. I looked at my hand in shock: I punched a fucking doctor. Daniel came towards me and took my throbbing hand in his. We barged in Nathaniel's room and found him asleep.

"Awww, he looks just like you when you're sleeping," I cooed and Daniel growled.

"Then I must look horrible," He responded.

"You look horrible, I look hot," responded Nathaniel with his eyes closed and a faint smirk. Daniel's face lit up and so did mine. Nathaniel opened his eyes and his smirk fell instantly when his eyes landed on me.

"Fuck," he said.

"What? What's wrong?" Asked a worried looking Daniel.

"I died didn't I?" he asked in all seriousness

"No, you didn't die, Nathaniel," Daniel responded.

"Then why is there a hot-ass angel looking at me?" I rolled my eyes with a laugh at Nathaniel's joke. It amused me how he was still himself, even after all that's been going on. Daniel shook his head and laughed along with me.

"You're crazy, Nathaniel," I said with a sigh of relief to everything turning out alright at the end and that I was back to my real home in Daniel's pack.

"Crazy for you, babe," he said with a wink.

"Nathaniel," Daniel growled.

"Sorry."

______**********_______

** Author's Note**

OMFG Stone Heart is coming to an end guys! Beautiful banner to the side made by @dianawhtvr. Thanks so much, love! I absolutely love it... can't stop staring at it... Love you all!

-MariFer