Chapter 17- Misunderstandings

After I got out from the warm shower and put some clothes on, I decided to go downstairs to the kitchen where Martha probably was.

I walked in and Nathan was flirting... with Linda.

"I didn't know Alpha Daniel had a brother, a twin for the fact," Linda said flirtatiously while biting her lip.

"I didn't know Chloe had a cousin," he replied just as flirtatious.

"Me and that bitch aren't related. Your brother is wasting his time with her. I can give him and you so much more, Nathaniel."

"Well then," he replied getting up."It's a good damn thing she's his mate and I still choose her over you."

Linda gasped and flicked him off while making her way out towards the garden. Nathaniel only laughed at her supposed insult.

"She's got nothing on you, babe," Nathaniel said with a wink after turning around to look at me. I only chuckled and shook my head.

"You haven't found your mate yet?" I asked as I grabbed a banana from the fruit basket. Nathaniel sighed and a sad expression washed over his face. His eyes soften and his irritating smile faded.

"It's okay, Nathaniel. She'll come around when you least expect it," I offered softly and then I started eating my fruit.

"Yeah. I guess you're right," he responded quietly and then looked at me.

"But meanwhile, I'll look at you eating that banana imagining it was my-"

"Oh my God, Nathaniel! You're even perverted in the most sensitive conversations!" He burst out laughing.

"Oh, but you love me."

"No I don't, but I love your brother," I said and winked for more effect as I got up to leave.

"Ouch. Baby that hurt right here," I heard him call from the kitchen while pointing to his chest as I made my way to see Daniel.

His office door was open ajar and I stepped in cautiously. My eyes skimmed the room until they met the phone.

I closed the door and went over to punch in the numbers my fingers were itching to dial.

"Hello?"

"Sarah?!"

"Chloe! Oh my gosh!" She started sobbing and so did I. "Why the hell did you run away without a proper goodbye?"

"I'm sorry, everything happened so fast and I just- I'm sorry," I replied as a sniffed and wiped away the tears.

"Don't worry about it, babe. We're all so worried for you, Josh is going crazy he's here with-"

"Chloe?!"

"Josh!"

"Fuck, Chloe. You gave me a damn heart attack you moron." I laughed into the phone and he sighed.

"I'm okay though, I feel safe here."

"I sure hope so. Where are you?"

"I can't tell you, Josh." He huffed in annoyance.

"Okay," he mumbled.

"Take care guys, I have to go. I love and miss you guys... please tell my mom I love her and miss her."

"Okay, kiddo. We love and miss you too. Bye, Chloe."

"Bye, Josh."

"Josh?" I snapped my head around with the receiver still in my ear to see Daniel standing in the doorway with his arms crossed. Slowly, I put the receiver down.

"He's my best friend," I answered softly. Daniel stared at me with cold eyes. "You don't believe me?"

"Are you sure he wasn't your first kiss and your first time? " He asked coldly.

"You idiot. You're my first kiss and you'll be my first time," I responded calmly. His eyes didn't soften a bit, the same cold Daniel I met was back.

"How stupid do you think I am, Chloe?"

"Very stupid if you think I don't love you and only you." I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I leaned in to kiss him, but he turned his face the other way.

"I have a pack meeting right now," he said as he unwrapped my arms from around his neck and walked away. Leaving me behind with a broken heart and a howling wolf.

***-------***
**Author's Note **

Ohhh what should Chloe do now? Be a bitch or get him back? You decide!!
-MariFer