32

(Summer's POV)

"What happened?" They all stared at us, looking for answers. 

        "Well," I answered before Shawn could, "I went for a walk and ran into a pole ribs first. And then I couldn't move because they hurt too much, and Shawn found me and carried me back inside." Shawn looked at me, and I knew he would ask questions later. I didn't go into complete detail of the story because I wanted them to focus on me as the stupid and risky one, when in truth, Shawn took more of a risk going outside because of his concussion. I just didn't want him to get in more trouble than he already was. 

        "Summer! Why would you do that without telling anyone or bringing your phone!? You're lucky Shawn found you!" My mom scolded. Aaaand my plan worked.

        "I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking."  shook my head. 

        "Oh, you know what, I'm just glad you're okay," my mom said and came over and hugged me.

        "Ow, the ribs," I gasped.

        "Oh, sorry," my mom stepped back, a little embarrassed. I nodded to show that I forgave her, I was still trying to breathe.

        "Your ribs look like they got worse," the doctor checked my levels. "But other than that, you look pretty good. Try not to talk too much though." I nodded again. "And Shawn, you need to go back to your room, you don't want to make yourself worse. And both of you need to sleep." Shawn nodded and reluctantly left my room and turned down the hall. After him, my mom has to leave, and then the doctor. They told me to sleep but I couldn't. I mean, I was really uncomfortable with my ribs and all. I couldn't turn over or lay on my stomach. So I just laid on my back and stared at the ceiling. I did fall in and out of a sort of half sleep though. It was around the middle of the night and I was awake and humming a song to myself that I had heard the other day, when the door started to slowly creak open. I jumped at the noise and grabbed a piece of hard bread off of my table that I hadn't eaten earlier. I don't know why, it wouldn't actually help me defend myself. A shadow stepped through the crack and I threw the bread at it as hard as I could.

        "Owww!" I heard someone whisper-yell. Then I realized whose voice it was. I sat up and looked over the side of the bed slowly.

        "Shawn? Is that you?" I asked nervously.

        "Yes, it's me, please don't throw a bowl of soup at my head!" He put his arms up over his head.

        "Oh, I'm so sorry! I thought you were a stranger." I felt bad for hitting him with the bread but it was kind of funny. I started to laugh. He frowned at me and I started laughing even harder. Then he started laughing too, and soon enough I had to stop my self because my ribs hurt so bad. I gingerly laid myself back into a comfortable position and Shawn got up and sat at the edge of my bed. 

        "I can't sleep," He finally said.

        "Yeah, neither can I. It's like my brain just won't turn off, and I feel like it never will." I sighed and rubbed my eyes. He looked at me as if waiting for me to say something. Then I realized what he wanted. I scooted over and patted next to me. "Fine, come here."

        "Thanks," he said and sat down next to me. 

        "Hey, Shawn? Do you think you could sing me a song?" I asked quietly.

        He smiled and nodded, then carefully moved me so that I was laying on him. 

        "Wise men say, only fools rush in,

        But I can't help falling in love with you.

        Shall I stay, would it be a sin,

        If I can't help falling in love with you."

    I sleepily closed my eyes and smiled, listening to his beautiful voice.

        "Like a river flows, surely to the sea,

        Darling so it goes, some things are         

              meant to be.

        Take my hand, take my whole life too,

        For I can't help falling in love with you.

              Yeah I can't help falling in love with               

              you."

Okay so that's the last extra chapter! Again, thank you guys so much for getting me to 1k reads! I hope you like the story so far!