19

Maggie was able to convince Butch that Richie and Eddie weren't there after allowing him to check Richie's room.

"I haven't seen my son all morning. I gave him the day off since he seemed upset last night, then when I got home from work he wasn't here," she said, forcing herself to cry. "Is my baby in danger?"

"Don't worry, Maggie. We'll find him. We think he's involved with a dangerous individual, but we're working to find him. Is there any place he'd go to hide?" Butch asked, leaning against the wall of the Tozier household.

"He loves the quarry. He and his friends go there all the time," Maggie said, her voice cracking and breaking.

Richie could hear the whole conversation, and he though his mom deserved an Oscar. Eddie was still asleep in his lap, which Richie was thankful for. He wasn't sure how Eddie would react if he knew Henry and Butch were near. Something about Eddie made Richie think he'd attack them for hurting him.

Henry and his father left to look for Richie and Eddie, so the two stayed in their hiding spot. Richie had contacted the others and let them know what had happened. The others vowed to come up with a plan to protect Eddie while the other two stayed hidden.

After a few hours, Eddie started to stir. He sat up and blinked the sleep from his eyes before smiling at Richie lazily. He leaned on Richie's shoulder humming contently.

"Where are we?" he asked, looking around the room.

"My attic so that we're hidden from Bowers," Richie said, running his hand through Eddie's hair. "How are you feeling?"

"Happy," Eddie said with a smile, making Richie laugh.

"Well, yeah, but what about your side? You know, where you got shot?"

"Oh." Eddie lifted the shirt he was wearing and looked at the bandaged wound. "I can't see it."

"Does it hurt?"

Eddie moved a little bit and poked the spot. "A little bit. It's not terrible."

"That's good. Are you hungry or thirsty?" Richie asked, and Eddie giggled a little bit.

"I can't eat, Richie. Once a day or I get sick. I thought my mom was lying about it, but apparently not."

Richie nodded and told Eddie to stay in the attic while he went down to get some water. It was important that Eddie stay hydrated or he might not recover as quickly.

Maggie was in the kitchen when Richie walked down. She had checked on him and Eddie earlier, but she still was worried.

"Is he okay? Are you okay?" she asked, running over to Richie and touching his face gently.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Eddie needs some water, but he said his side feels better. Thanks for helping us, mom," Richie said, hugging his mom tightly.

"Of course, sweetie. Do you have a plan? We can't let Eddie hide in our attic and have you in trouble with the cops forever," Maggie said, handing Richie a glass of water.

"I'm hoping Eddie will know what to do," Richie said, looking at the ground.

Maggie saw how Richie was blushing and smirked. "You like him, don't you?"

"Mom, he's a demon. I can't like a demon."

"Fine, you like the human part of him," Maggie challenged, watching how Richie blushed a brighter red and refused eye contact.

"I, uh-"

"Rich, I don't care who you like. Even if he's a demon. I mean, we should figure out a way to make sure he doesn't get hurt or hurt someone else, but other than that, I don't care," Maggie said with a smile.