Jaden x reader

"(Y/N)! Look over here!!!!!" Jaden yelled, and you flushed in embarrassment. "Hey You! Stop yelling at this once! It's time to battle!" Chairman yelled, and he shrugged.

"I'm just telling (Y/N) to look this way. Nothing bad teach." Jaden said casually, and you facepalmed. "Focus on the duel Jaden, not me!" You said angrily. Honestly, how did you even know this kid?

Jaden didn't hear your response, but he knew you were rooting for him, or at least he hopes. He knew he had to pass this, or he would have no chance of ever getting into the academy. You already had your duel, but he didn't get to see it because he was so late.

He could only imagine. But imagination wasn't going to help him win.

"Hey teach, could I have a break?" Jaden asked and the chairman snapped. "No you can't you fool! This is a duel!"

You finally got sick of his act, and stood to the edge of the railing. "Jaden!" You called out, and he turned around. He smiled and waved at you, and you tried to smile back.

"What is the meaning of this (L/N)? Disrupting the duel?" The chairman said angrily, and you shook your head. "Not at all. I'm trying to get your opponent to actually play." You said, putting emphasis on opponent. Jaden gulped.

"Jaden. Take this seriously! This isn't a game! If you want to be here, then show me, and everyone that you belong here." You lectured, and Jaden nodded, shining.

"Oh yeah! I'm all pumped up! Let's do this! Thanks (Y/N)!" He yelled, and you smiled. "You'll be fine. Now show them the Jaden I know!"

"Are we done here? If you are finally going to play, let us begin." The chairman said, and you walked away from the railing.

After a few turns, and help from a certain card of his, he won the duel, and his right to enter into the academy. You cheered for him, and that was the start of your journey, with Jaden in tow.

_______________________________________
Hello everyone, long time no see, once again. I finally had time to sit down and write this request. I actually haven't seen Gx before, so I watched the first episode, just to get a feel of Jaden's character.

I do plan to watch the show fully at some point, so I hope this would be something Jaden would do! I hope I captured his personality.

Thanks for reading!

Miku out!