Master Jeon 6: Don't Tell Me What I Don't Want

+++

Melon was shaped like an oval with a big hole in the middle that allowed you to see all 44 floors as well as the lobby at the bottom. Five floors up was a skylight that brightened the entire building it seemed, and had me wondering where Jungkook's office was if I could see the top of the building from here. I gawked at the architecture of the building as I walked toward the receptionist desk.

"You again?" Jennie asked me, popping her chewing gum. Jimin had told me she wasn't as mean as she seemed. She would just take some time to warm up to me. I couldn't see that in the near future, but I smiled at her anyway.

"Hi. I've just been hired as Mr. Jeon's secretary and I need to see Jim- Mr. Park." I told her. If I was going to work here, I had to act the part.

"I'll let him know you're here." Jennie said, still eying me skeptically. I ignored her gaze and went to sit down in one of the trendy yellow chairs. Jimin came out of an office instead of a cubicle and it had a large curved window in the front. He sauntered over dressed in a clean pink dress shirt and gray slacks that clung to his legs just professionally enough, though he still looked attractive. His shoes were sleek and black, softly clicking on the floor with every step. Jimin smiled when he saw me, his eyes disappearing into crescent moons.

"Good morning, Tae." He greeted me. I stood and walked into his open arms. It wasn't often that Jimin was feeling well enough to let me hug him, so I took advantage of the opportunity. He straightened out his shirt and dusted off some lint that probably wasn't there, but I knew he couldn't help it. Even if there was nothing there, and I didn't have cooties, Jimin still felt the need to constantly brush himself off. OCD was complicated.

"Boss tells me you have some paperwork for me." I said. Jimin nodded and waved his hand so I'd follow him. "I do. Come on."

"I like your sweater." He said. I smiled. "Thank you. You look nice today too. Especially your butt in those pants." I complimented him. Jimin snickered and gave me a shy glance. "Stop." He blushed.

When we entered his office, we sat down across from each other. "I'm really glad you were able to find work so quickly, Tae and now you're living in a penthouse too? I'm so jealous." He muttered the last part, placing each of the papers in front of me. "Just sign all of these on the dotted line and you'll be done... I know it's just your first day, but things will begin to get easier soon. Mr. Jeon is reasonable and he won't give you any work you can't handle. However, he also has high standards and expects our best." He said.

I didn't notice it at the time, but Jimin seemed to be slightly distracted, I just couldn't put my finger on why. I nodded, listening closely while filling out the lines on the documents. "I still feel a little bad for intruding on his space though. I mean, that's his home. I work for the man and live with him. Wouldn't he get tired of seeing me all the time?" I mused, uneasily.

Jimin sighed with a roll of his eyes. "I don't know what mirror you're looking into, but no one would ever get tired of seeing you. Besides, if Jungkook didn't want you around, you damn sure would not be here. He would have just let you buy him another coffee and went on about his day. Jungkook doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do, and you shouldn't feel bad for accepting it." Jimin assured me. I nodded thoughtfully at the fact that Jimin seemed to know quite a bit about Mr. Jeon. I mean, considering there was a painting of him in Jungkook's paint studio, they had to have some sort of history I didn't know about. Not to mention, they were on a first name basis. I narrowed my eyes.

"You two seem pretty close." I said out loud. It sounded more accusatory than I intended and Jimin froze, doing his nose-wipy, glasses-pushy thing again. "We're... friendly." He hesitated to find the right word to describe their relationship. "I just didn't know that. You don't really talk about him like you do your other friends." In fact, Jimin had never really talked about Mr. Jeon, apart from work related rants. Granted, I did remember his first day at Melon, long before he was promoted to HR director. He told me how hot his boss was and didn't stop talking about him until I found another subject to shut him up with.