31.

Sometimes all you need is the attention of the one you love.

°°°°

Christmas eve, evening

"You sure you don't wanna invite your dad?" I ask Jacob from the kitchen. He is checking the decorations. Turns out, we are hosting the evening. Not a surprise though.

But not many are coming. Liam with his another new girlfriend, Ethan with Sophie, Noah, Caroline, Sina and aunt Aurelia and not to forget Liam's sister Lena. Mr and Mrs Perez are out of town or they would've been invited too.

"Not a chance." He answers.

I sigh and stop beating the batter. "Jacob, you can't leave your father all alone on Christmas. You won't even let Caroline go." I try to push some sense into him.

"Mom is my mom. Dad is a stranger. I bet she doesn't want to go to him either." He replies rudely.

I gasp. "They are married. Of course she wants to spend Christmas with her husband. Would you like it if I spend Christmas just with Sina and aunt?"

His face drops. "No, but.. ok fine I'll let her decide." He grumbles and I smile. "And for the hundredth time there is no need to make so many dishes. Gosh you even won't let anyone help you."

"It's Christmas, everything should be perfect."

He comes in the kitchen and massages my shoulders. "Everyone will be here soon, finish up and go get dressed." He says and kisses my cheek.

I nod. "The Christmas tree lights are not aligned properly. Tell someone to fix them." I say.

He laughs. "Nothing escapes your eye." And he goes out again.

--------------------------

The evening went well. Everyone liked the food. Even the decoration were good. We danced and played games and watched a movie and a lot other stuff.

Liam's new girlfriend Alyssa turned out to be great. She and Sophie helped me set the table and clean up and everything.

The way Liam looked at her.. it was priceless. This one means something for him.