Chapter 14

Kelsey's POV

We arrived at the place I saw the man that took Vegas. Vegas was being taken out and he was barking. I got out of the car and before Mary could stop me I pushed the man away from Vegas. Pulling Vegas inside and shutting the whole place in lockdown mode.

"Hey!" The man yelled.

Mary was confused and I sent her a message to leave and she did so because she had to get my dad. I know I came here for Vegas, but these other animals are also in danger. As I looked around at most of their files these are just pets who were either given up or found on the street and they are not wanted because of space issues at other shelters. So they are sent here to die they were from our shelter the ones I couldnt help and some of them are still here. I staid with Vegas and hours later I awoke and my dad was outside as was the rest of Riverdale.

"Kelsey this is crazy. Get out of there!" My dad says.

"No! Dad! I will not." I say.

"Kels this is not happening again. Look Sierra and I talked to the people you leave now and they wont press charges." He says.

"I dont care these animals dont deserve this. I will not let them kill these pets or Vegas." I say.

Archie's POV

"Breaking News. In the town of Riverdale a young lady has taken over a animal kill place. Her name is Kelsey Keller and she broke in to save this dog named Vegas. This girl is also the one who was seen hugging Archie Andrews about a month ago. This dog was rumored to hurt Archie and was to be put down. Though Kelsey isnt having it. Not only is she saving Vegas she is also trying to save them all." The news caster says.

"Archie did you... Oh you did." Zoey says.

"Whats going on? I didnt say that Vegas hurt me. Zoey do you know something?" I ask.

"Yes. Archie Im so sorry. I got mad that you were with this girl and I hated it. So I hired a private detective to learn about her." She admits.

"You did that to her?" I question getting angry.

"No. I was going to adopt the dog that she loves and move him far away from her. So she wouldnt get to see him ever again. That was my plan to make her hurt by never being able to see her friend again. I would never want to hurt an animal. So when I saw this I called your mom and she told me it was her idea to take Kelsey to Vegas. She didnt expect Kelsey to take over and lock herself in. Thats what your mom wanted to do." She says.

"My mom was gonna risk jail for me?" I ask.

"I think so. Archie listen to me Porter did it. Your mom has a way to free you from him. Porter knew she would and so he went after Kelsey as well." She tells me.

Just then Porter walked in looking at the TV and shook his head.

"Woah. That Kelsey is crazy. Its a good thing you werent there." Porter says.

"You did this." I say.

"Excuse me Im right here." He says.

"You said Vegas hurt me. That dog is amazing. I love that dog and now he and Kelsey are in trouble." I say.

"So what. She is going down now and the dog is being put down. She has only one condition and thats to give the animals to the shelter and stop. The owner is actually fine with that. Though it cant happen because no one owns the shelter so they cant make that deal." He says.

Thats when I got a crazy idea. I left and went to the airport and there were no flights heading that way until way later.

"Arch. Need help?" Zoey questions.

"Yeah, but how can you help? Why help? You wanted to hurt Kelsey." I say.

"I did, but then I saw how much you care. You dont love me. You love her and that dog. So come on. We'll take the private jet I share with some others. They wont need it." She says.

"Thanks Zoey, Im sorry I wish I could love you like I love her." I say.

"But you dont and thats okay. We can still be friends." She says.

We got on the plane and then arrived in Riverdale. I called my mom and she met me at our house with Major McCoy.

Kelsey's POV

I sat on the floor next to Vegas as he rested his head on my lap. Just then I heard my dad's voice again.

"Kelsey that was Sierra. The shelter was just purchased. The new owner made a deal with this places owner only sick pets who cant be saved or old and cant live longer will be the only ones to go down. They are letting all this pets to be in the shelter and its a no kill shelter. So Kelsey they are letting you go free." My dad says.

"Really?" I question.

"Yes really." He says.

I pushed the button to undo the lockdown mood and I opened the door.

"You saved them." Kevin says to me.

"That you did, but I have other news." My dad says.

"What?" I question.

"After word spread about the shelter people went to adopt and hun Im sorry, but Vegas was one of them." He says and takes Vegas's leash from me.

"But.. But..." I say.

He put Vegas in his car as we helped the other pets get loaded into the vans to take them to our shelter.

"Hey Kelsey. The shelter owner wants you to wash that Vegas dog and take him to his new owner." Sierra says.

I went to Vegas and washed him and cleaned him up. I got down to his level and kissed his head.

"Well boy. I guess this is goodbye. Thank you for being the best friend a girl would ask for. I love you Vegas and I hope you bring as much happiness to your new owner as you did me." I say.

"Well he already has." A voice says.

Vegas took off and ran over to the person and who was in the shadows.

"Well take good care of him. Goodbye Vegas." I say holding back tears.

"Well its not a total goodbye. Im not gonna keep him away from you. Cause I dont want to be away from you." The person says.

The person stepped out of the shadows and Vegas ran back over to me.

"Archie? You adopted Vegas?" I question.

"And the shelter." He says.

"I get you taken Vegas, but why the shelter?" I ask.

"I did it for you. I would do anything for you and I say any thing I mean anything. On the car ride into town I did another livestream talking about my new changes in my life. New music, my love of this town, you, and how Im staying here until I graduate. I'll film the sequel in the summer, but Im staying here. Finishing Junior and Senior year with my friends, my mother, my new dog, and hopefully you. Look I know your with Watson, but Kelsey I love you." He says.

I got up off the ground and walked over to him and kissed him. After the kiss I placed my forehead to his.

"I love you too Archie." I say.

He smiled at me and placed his lips to mine again. He saved not only the animals and Vegas, but also me. I love him and he loves me and that is just amazing.

A/N: Hey guys do you like it? Let me know. Thanks.