Chapter 1: A Journey With You...?

(Name) (Last Name) and Gary Oak. Rivals since they were in diapers. They fought over anything, from toys, food, and once, even a broken Pokeball. However, although the two didn't know, their bond was closer than they realized.

For four years in a row, (Name), Gary, and (Name)'s friend Ash Ketchum had missed a chance to get a Pokemon. "(Name)," (Name)'s father called to his fourteen-year daughter from across the room. You walked to him and stood next to his chair.

"Yes, Dad?" (Name) asked.

"Tomorrow is when you start your Pokemon journey, yes? Or try to get a Pokemon and start a journey?" You nodded. "How would you feel about traveling with Gary for a little bit, before you start really getting used to living on your own?" Your eyes widened.

"No, Dad, you know I don't like Gary," you said. "He's mean, arrogant, cocky, and everything that I DON'T want to see in anyone." Your dad looked up at you.

"(Name), then I'll have to accompany you on your journey, then," he said. "I don't want my little girl out there wandering around alone."

"Dad," (Name) complained. "I'm fourteen. I can take care of myself."

You can either travel with me or Gary," (Name)'s father said firmly. (Name) didn't want her father to travel with her, it was embarrassing because Pokemon Trainers, especially teenage ones, don't travel with their parents. But she didn't want to travel with Gary, because she hated his guts. Finally, she sighed, coming to a conclusion.

"Alright, I will travel with Gary, Dad," (Name) said reluctantly. (Name)'s father nodded.

"Okay, I'm proud of you, my (Name). Go to sleep now, you want to get up bright and early to go on your journey." You nodded and headed into your room, changing into your comfy (f/c) pajamas and slipped under the colors after quickly brushing your teeth. A journey with the jerk... what will it be like?

(Name)'s POV

I woke up extra early as my alarm clock went off. I shot out of bed and dressed quickly, then rushed to Professor Oak's lab. I was ready to begin my Pokemon journey! Then, I remembered. I had to travel with Gary Oak. Ugh. "Hi, Professor Oak!" I greeted Gary's grandfather. Professor Oak was a lot nicer than Gary.

"Why, hello, (Name). I see you're here early. I'd like to give you a Pokemon as soon as possible." I cocked my head.

Aren't I supposed to choose from Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle?" I asked. Professor Oak looked sheepish.

"You see, I was saving a special Pokemon just for you," he said, taking out a Pokeball from his lab coat pocket. He pressed the button and a furry brown Pokemon popped out.

"Eevee!" It said happily. It jumped onto my shoulder and I giggled in pleasure.

"Thank you, Professor Oak," I say, giving Eevee a Pokemon treat. Professor Oak smiled.

"My pleasure, (Name). Also, I heard you were traveling with Gary?" I nodded, no longer feeling quite so enthusiastic.

"I guess so." Professor Oak laughed at my sudden change of mood.

"(Name), it's alright, Gary can be quite a nice boy when he wants to be," Professor Oak said.

"He just doesn't seem to like me," I said, shrugging. Suddenly, the lab door burst open and Gary crashed into me.

"Sor- I mean, watch where you're going, loser," he snorted at me.

"What do you mean? You were the one who bumped into ME," I snapped back. Gary and I glared daggers at each other as Professor Oak cleared his throat awkwardly.