Chapter 6: Just Like The Old Times

Gary tried not to stare, but for him it was really quite hard not to. (Name) wasn't the girl he had known two years ago.

Her (h/t) (h/c)had grown to almost waist length, her (e/c) eyes sparkled in the late afternoon sun, and while her face remained free of makeup as always, that didn't make her seem any less beautiful than the makeup-caked model who just walked by.

In a nutshell, she was well... as much as he hated to admit it... beautiful. More beautiful than any woman he had ever seen, to be honest.

"Gary? Hey, Gary, are you there?" (Name) asked suddenly, snapping her fingers in front of his face. Gary bolted upright. "Eh, sorry, you kinda zoned out right there."

"Whatever, loser. What are you doing here?" He asked in a mocking tone. (Name) frowned at him. Still a jerk.

"Well, if you actually watched the news or read some newspapers, maybe you would know that I've earned the title of Kalos's Lady!"

"Oh yeah? Well I bet you aren't even half as strong as Kanto's Champion Red, Hoenn's Princess Sapphire, or even Sinnoh's Duchess Platina!" He retorted with a smirk. With an angry huff, (Name) stormed away, annoyed.

She was not in the mood to deal with this today! First Bonnie, then the models, and now Gary!

Gary couldn't help but smirk after the (h/c) haired girl as she left. Making (Name) mad was one of his favorite pastimes, as cruel as it was. He walked away from Lumiose Tower, fully unaware that a certain group of girls and a specific legendary Pokemon was watching him. Who are they, you might ask? That must remain a secret... for now, at least...

(Name)'s P.O.V.

I arrived at my apartment, Buneary in my arms, feeling incredibly light-headed. I really could not believe what had just happened. Seeing him after two years made my head spin with all those memories... memories...

it was about 5:00- I had time to work on a few sketches before my Pokemon and I would have dinner. I returned Buneary and let out Eevee instead. No matter what, Eevee will always be my most trusted and prized Pokemon. I liked to have her by my side while I worked. Time flew by. Before I knew it, the sun was setting and the clock read 7:30. "Holy Arceus, it's late," I cursed quietly to myself. I finished two outfits. They look quite nice, if I can say so myself. Hopefully, those bratty models I met today aren't going to be the ones modeling them- they didn't deserve to wear clothes this

nice.

"Do you want dinner, Eevee?" I asked my companion, who nodded eagerly. I felt a pang of guilt- all of my Pokemon were probably starving. I took out my other Pokeballs and set them on the table.

Most of my powerhouses that I used to defeat the Kalos league were in the Pokemon Center's PC, since they didn't exactly fit in my apartment. Eevee went with me to the Pokemon League, and although she's tiny, she's amazingly strong. She took down Diantha's Gardevoir in a heartbeat.

After heating up some frozen poffins from the refrigerator, I said, "Munchlax, Buneary, Braixen, Starmie, Shinx, come on out!" My five other Pokemon appeared with a white flash. "Alright everyone, time for dinner!" My Pokemon cried out joyfully and ran toward their dinner, which was set out on the floor. I smiled rather wistfully; my life here in Kalos is wonderful, but I do miss my life back in Pallet Town.

I began to eat my own dinner- a plate of pasta- chewing thoughtfully as I remembered my childhood. "Dingdong!" I jumped practically ten feet in the air as the doorbell rang suddenly. Calming down quickly, I rushed towards the door, grabbing the handle and pulling it open.

"Er, hi, is this Room 5478? My name is Gary Oak, and I think you've received information that I will be staying with you for a few weeks?" My mouth dropped open when I saw Gary reading from a slip of paper; he had not noticed who he was talking to. Tucking the paper into his pocket, he looked up- and his mouth dropped open as well.