One of your nights.

-Elaine-POV-

after coming back from Greece things were great until we decided to invite my aunt and cousin's to come for a visit and well everything was fine with them visiting until my oldest cousin wouldn't remove himself from our couch and tv from the time he got up until he went to bed. normally he would hang out with me the whole time he was in to visit but it seemed he had just got dumped and clearly wasn't taking it like a man, honestly he didn't really need to get this upset about it because they weren't even together a week. 

"hey cooper, lets go out and get some lunch, what do you say?" I asked as grabbing my keys and wallet from zak's office where I had used my card to order a few Christmas presents for everybody.

"sure why not?" he said finally getting off the couch and coming to meet me at the kitchen bar.

"okay just let me go outside and tell zak and everybody we're leaving okay?" I told him

"okay" he answered as I walked out the back door and told zak and kylie that I was leaving with cooper

"so you ready?" I asked walking back inside and grabbing my sunglasses from the bar with my keys and wallet.

"yup" he nodded and followed me out to zak's Lamborghini.

"we're taking Zak's Lamborghini?" he asked surprised as we walked over to it after I unlocked it

"yea why not?" I asked looking at him weirdly

"I just thought zak wouldn't let you drive the lambo, that's all" he said opening the butterfly door on his side

"he didn't back before kylie was born when we were together than but now he lets me drive whatever I want" I chuckled

"what changed?" he asked as he shut the door and I started it up

"my driving. after having to be responsible for both a couple horses that I have to depend on to put food in kylie and i's mouth every night and becoming a mom I learned I shouldn't take as many dangerous chances as I did before" I explained as I pulled out of the drive way

"I see, basically you grew up?" he asked

"that's about the jest of it" I told him stopping at the stop sign at the end of the street and burning a little rubber as I pulled out

"I see your still a little bit rebel in there ain't ya?" he laughed

"I never said I totally stopped being a rebel, I just said I slowed down a little bit" I laughed and pointed that out.

"true I guess you didn't."

we went to lunch and talked about his break up and I patched up what I could for him so he function and get back to his normal life and the way his visits here usually went. 

the day following I got up and headed out to drive the cattle into the south pasture, having to untangle 4 heads of cattle from the fence wire then mend the fence in those places while working in the hot vegas sun. 

having zak around wasn't really much help because he had never drove or herded cattle before along with never having mended fence wire so really he was no help at all and of course today of all days I could have gave my ranch hands off it had to be today meaning I have to drive cattle alone and do the best I can to get it to the south pasture from the north pasture. 

after what seemed like days drive herd I headed back to the ranch only to find out I had ran out of feed meaning I had to go and get more. 

knowing zak had work to do at the museum today I stopped back the house and picked up kylie and gracie before heading to the feed store.