Chapter One (Ciel's POV 💙)

It was a rather beautiful day outside, not that it mattered to me in the slightest. I have much more important things to do than behaving like a child and playing outside. I have paper work from Funtom that requires most of my attention, things like expansions or head quarters in need of new toy designs as the current toys were getting rather old.

A new toy design, what could possibly out-rank the current ones? Even with the designs getting rather old, all of my toys were still the best selling in all of England. Bitter Rabbit was the most profitable item through out all of the locations, even if it was designed after me. If Bitter Rabbit was highly liked by children, I wonder if a new line of Bitter Rabbits constructed to look like the people I know would be favored by children as well.

While I thought about this, I got back to signing the mountain of papers that sat upon my desk. The mere possibility of me not having a break from this devil work was in and of itself rather annoying. But, as luck would have it, or would it be misfortune, two sharp knocks resonated in my office.

Putting my quill down, I called out.

"Come in," relaxing against my chair, seemingly bored with my elbow on the arm of the chair and my chin in my hand. Sebastian swiftly and quietly walked in.

"My lord, this afternoon I have prepared Earl Grey and a chocolate lava cake with strawberry drizzle as your snack. Have you finished with your work yet?" Sebastian asked while promptly setting my tea and afternoon snack in front of me, not missing a beat between his sentences. I simply sent him a glare.

"Does it look like I have finished, Sebastian?" I was rather irritated with such a ridiculous question. "Never mind with that, I need you to arrange for someone at the company to come here to acquire and sketch the new designs for the new line of Bitter Rabbits by dinner today. I need everyone else to be here for it as well, including you and the other servants. And I mean, EVERYONE. They are invited to dinner and to stay this evening since it is a rather long drive for most of them." I spoke while taking small sips of my Early Grey in between.

"Yes, my lord. May I ask why you want everyone here while you are presenting the new Bitter Rabbits?" He tilted his head in a inquisitive but cute way.

Wait.... what did I just think? Cute? Sebastian? That is utterly laughable, nothing about this man it cute.

"My lord?" Sebastian spoke, who was now leaning over the desk, his closeness snapping me out of my thoughts. I shook my head, trying to clear the confusing thoughts.

"Hmm? Oh, right. The new line of Rabbits is going to be in everyone's image. After the original toy is made, send it out as a thank you for allowing me to use their likeness." I spoke, trying to regain my focus and remain as physically bored as possible. "Ah, that reminds me, try to find a picture of Madam Red, I wish to use her likeness as well." As I resumed in drinking my tea and the delicious lava cake Sebastian made me it was making it increasingly difficult to ignore the previous thought that had invaded my mind.

"As you wish. If you would excuse me. I, now, have calls to make and dinner to prepare." Sebastian bowed with his hand over his dead heart as I gave a dismissive wave. Trying to not stare at the butler as he left.

Honestly, how could I, Ciel Phantomhive, think that bastard demon butler of mine is cute? I must be insane!

The thought of Sebastian making me insane caused a giggle to rise up my throat and before I could stop myself I was in hysterics and falling out of my chair, laughing as if it was the best joke of the century. My laughing fit only subsided when a knock on the door was heard and Finnian, Mey-Rin and Baldroy entered my office. Usually, I would scold them for entering without permission but seeing as I couldn't respond to the knock at the moment I would let it be....this time.

"Young master, we heard you laughing and then a loud thump. Are you alright?" Finnian asked me in his soft, nearly inaudible voice with his eyes wide in wonderment.

What could possibly put that look in his eyes.... he should be terrified... I throw knives at his head for hell's sake!

I gathered myself off the floor, no longer in a fit of hysterics. Moving my chair back into its original position before I sat back down.

"I am fine, Finnian. Though, I do wonder why a small thump and laughter would cause all three of you to run up here in such haste." I eyed the three of them and took a sip of my tea.

Baldroy threw his hand behind himself and rubbed his head while trying not to look at me as he spoke.

"Well, you see, young master. It's just..... we have never heard you laugh like that and to be honest, it was kind of adorable."

"Yes, adorable. Yes, it was." Mey-rin stuttered after him.

How dare they call me adorable!

"You are to never speak of this or call me 'adorable' again. Now leave, I have work to do." I glared at them and waved them off. Looking back down at my work, I heard them hurriedly shuffle out of the room with a chorus of "yes, young master" following them.

Now, to get back to this ridiculous amount of paperwork and not get distracted by Sebastian being 'cute'.

***** Time Skip

Finishing the last paper, I sighed in relief and laid back into my chair. The quiet of the room and the sudden lack of stress was making me grow tired. I closed my eye, hoping for a moment to relax before the guests arrived. Sadly, it was short lived because not a moment later a sharp knock echoed the room. I didn't move, however, I knew it was Sebastian and I was tired.

Just as I predicted, I heard Sebastian's footsteps as he opened the door and walked up to where I was seated.

"Really, young master? You mustn't fall asleep in your chair like that." he spoke after giving a heavy sigh. I could just imagine him having him face in his hand and shaking his head at me.

I was about to move and yell at him for telling me what to do when I felt him suddenly move closer. Being the inquisitive being that I am, I stayed still. Waiting to see what he did next.

I felt him move the my chair back and how he braced himself against the backrest.

"If only you knew, my Ciel." he whispered above me and then I felt a feather light touch on the top of my head.

If only I knew? Knew what, Sebastian? And since when am I YOUR Ciel? What the hell is happening?

Minutes passed but I was too confused and stunned to move, I just sat there and continued to pretend to sleep. Sebastian didn't move even a centimeter either.

Suddenly a high pitched squeal sounded throughout the manor.

Elizabeth is here...

In all honesty, I didn't want to move. I wanted to stay in this moment... and it was confusing as hell. Why do I want this to last?

"CIIEEEELLLLLLL," Elizabeth screamed while running down the halls of the manor. Knowing I have to get up to great my guest but not wanted to make myself or Sebastian uncomfortable I pretended to be startled awake. I sat up quickly and gasped as if Elizabeth surprised me. I looked around and noticed Sebastian was still in front of me but now he was standing up straight. Feigning innocence I glared up at him.

"Sebastian, what are you doing?" I spoke in a cold voice.