Chapter Two (Ciel's POV 💙)

Sebastian leaned his hand into one of his and shook his head.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Young Master, is that anyway to treat someone who was trying to awaken you in order meet your guests?" He spoke with his signature smirk, that, for whatever reason, made me extremely irritated today.

"Well, it appears that you failed significantly and Elizabeth succeed greatly in your place." I spoke as I stood and readjusted my clothing to my liking. Once I was satisfied I looked for my cane since I normally kept it in here. I spotted it in the far corner of my study where the chess board always laid open and every letter from the Queen was hidden away in a secret compartment on the bookshelf. 

I started making my way towards my cane when I was reminded that it was Elizabeth that "woke" me up by shouting my name through the manor and was running through the halls. Her footsteps were getting awfully close, too close for my liking. 

"CIELLLL," she shouted as she slammed open my study door and threw herself at me, making both of us fell to the floor with a loud thud. 

Sighing, I sat up a bit and signaled Sebastian over to help us up. He held out his hand for Elizabeth to take to help her stand. She brushed out her pink dress and giggled into her hand. Sebastian then turned to help me up, as well. Once standing I grabbed my cane and readjusted my clothing once again. I looked up at Elizabeth and tried not to sound annoyed.

"Elizabeth, don't you think, that being my fiance, you should be downstairs and greeting the guests in my stead until I have arrived?  I am sure they would have been delighted to have been greeted by the Watch Dog's fiance. Don't you agree?"

Elizabeth's eyes widened and sparkled the moment I spoke the word 'fiance', knowing I hardly ever uttered that word unless necessary. 

Now that I am actually thinking about it. Does she think that I only say that word to show I, indeed, care for her? That was never my intention, I only say the word because I know she will do whatever I suggest once I do say it. 

Trying to figure out Elizabeth's true feelings is like trying to figure out if my servants were good at anything other than destroying my manor on a daily basis. 

"Of course, Ciel! You are absolutely right. I should have presented myself befitting of your fiance, but I haven't seen you in such a long time." Her mood gradually decreased in the span of that sentence. In the end, she had her head down with her hands folded in front of her. 

"Don't fret, Elizabeth. How about you go downstairs and keep them company while I change? Tanaka will escort you and get you anything you desire while I am away." Conveniently, Tanaka randomly appeared in the doorway of my study. He bowed to both Elizabeth and I, holding out his hand.

"I would be honored you escort you back, My Lady." Tanaka states smoothly, as if he was in the conversation the entire time. It was no question of how he was the head butler when my parents were alive, he did everything quietly, quickly and with grace befitting a servant of the name Phantomhive. 

Ah, if only Sebastian was as quiet instead of constantly lecturing me.

Once there footsteps were out of my hearing range I let out a sigh and shook my head.

"Thankfully that's over. Come, Sebastian." I walked out of the room, not looking back to see if he was following. He was a dog after all, following his owner's orders was a given. 

"Yes, my Lord," he spoke from behind me. I could practically feel him bowing.

I smirked and continued down the hall. 

*****Time Skip (The outfit he is wearing is on the far left)

With my outfit changed to suit the event I have planned, I walked out of the room with my cane in hand. 

"You made sure to inform them to wear more elegant attire, correct?" I glanced over towards Sebastian, who slicked back his hair upon my order. 

"Certainly, my Lord. Everyone is accounted for as well," he stated with a slight air of arrogance around him.

He is quite arrogant at the moment even though I made him wear his hair in such a way that he hates. To bad, it makes him look more handsome.

..... WAIT, WHAT?! 

No, no, no, no, no, no... he is a bastard, a-an avian bastard who wears heels in his demon form.

"My Lord, are you alright?" Sebastian looked at me with a worried look on his face. He stepped closer to me and laid his forehead on mine. My eyes widening at the sudden caring touch. 

"You are quite red, my Lord. However, you don't appear to be sick," he spoke as he held his chin, pondering why I am completely red but not ill.

Red? 

I placed a hand against my one of my cheeks.

Shit, I'm blushing.

"I-I'm fine, Sebastian. Shut up and come along," I stammered as hastily made my way towards the guests once more. 

I took a deep breath, trying to get rid of all thoughts that concerned Sebastian's looks. Once again, I hastily made my way down the hallway, mostly to get this evening over with but also to get away from the impending questions I'm sure Sebastian has. 

I finally saw the landing of the staircase and slowed my pace, waiting for Sebastian to get in his rightful place behind me. Once Sebastian was in his place, I made my way to the center of the landing and looked down at my guests.

"Good evening, everyone. I am sure you are questioning why you are here and why I requested for more formal attire. For now, why don't we gather in the palor? I will explain everything there." Sweeping my cold gaze over everyone, I made sure everyone was in agreement. Satisfied, I nodded towards Tanaka to escort them.

With everyone here, it will be a very long night. Thankfully, my manor has enough rooms, even if I didn't, I'm sure pairing them wouldn't be all that hard. Since some of them are rather obvious about their feelings.