Chapter 33

Cora has noticed the addition of the two boys in the back of the plane about ten minutes before we landed. Landon has observed the shift in attitude of Alison, Gerald and me when she came over to sit between us and the two boys. Milton on the other hand seemed to be oblivious with Cora's obvious message that she was separating us from them and giving herself as who they should be talking to instead.

Landon tried to talk over Cora's shoulder to us but it was no use and he settled for staring out the jet window as Cora tried to include him in conversation.

I could almost hear her inner monologue, 'I mean he's no Forest but he's hot too.' I sighed and buckled my seat belt back on as the captain came over the intercom that we were about to start our descent.

Drowning out Cora's overly happy tone and high pitched giggles at the jokes Milton shared I turned to look out the window. We were landing in Barcelona and as we came closer to the ground I was stunned.

The sprawling city was neatly organized in bright orange/auburn squares and triangles, there were people all over and the water of the Mediterranean Sea was vivid blue. I grinned and tugged on Alison and Gerald's arms.

"Guys," I said and pointed.

"Woah!" Gerald grinned, leaning over Alison to look out on the beautiful city. Alison uttered similar praises and shoved the boy out of the way.

"Personal space, Gerald," she said shaking her head.

His grin widened. "Oh yeah?" He prompted and then started to poke her arm, she shoved him again laughing.

I rolled my eyes and looked back out the window as we came closer to the airstrip. With a small jerk we were landed and when the jet came to a stop we all jumped up and grabbed our bags.

Forrest appeared and shot a grin at us all, "ready?" He asked, we all nodded eagerly, Cora added some overly flirtatious eyelash flutters, "I hope you all brushed up on your Español." Forrest said with a wink shot at the two boys in the back. "Milton and Landon will give you all a run for your dinero, Landon is fluent."

Gerald turned slightly and loudly whispered, "so that's the real reason why he was brought along, Milton." Milton chuckled and Landon gave a small grin.

"Vámanos," Landon replied and some of the others laughed. Forrest's grin widened, he looked really happy for one of the first times since the us winners had been announced.

"You heard the man," he said and turned leading the way out of the jet. We all followed behind him, a few saying thank you to the hostess and captain who had come out to see us off.

I bet you can guess one of the ones who didn't. I'll give you a hint, she's annoying and giggles In whistle tones.

When I reached the ground and started walking towards the cars that Forest was leading us to I jumped as someone placed a hand on my shoulder. I turned and blinked, relaxing a little as I saw Landon, his multi-colored eyes meeting mine.

"¿Hablas Español?" He asked with a slight tilt of his head.

"Un poco," I responded with a slight smile, his hand still on my shoulder.

"Bien," he responded, the switched to English again, "ah yes, black suburbans, the only way to travel with money." His hand fell off my shoulder as he looked at the line of cars ahead of us.

Why was my face feeling warm?? "Oh, yeah," I said quickly looking away from him and at the cars. "My friend from back home has a suburban, but it's very old, some of the seatbelts don't always work and the AC is kinda shot."

One corner of Landon's lips raised slightly, "this will be quite different." He replied. Alison, Gerald and Milton suddenly appeared behind us.

"Last one to the car is a huevo podrida!" Milton cried, running toward the last car.

"A what?" Alison asked as Gerald took off after him.

"A rotten egg" Landon grinned as he took off as well. Alison and I shot each other a look and sprinted after the boys.