11• Unweaving Questions

(A/n: Sorry about the long wait guys! I had a lot going on but this chapter also stumped me

(A/n: Sorry about the long wait guys! I had a lot going on but this chapter also stumped me. I kinda took a shortcut on this chapter, but it'll be fixed in publishing. I'm just ripping the bandaid off so we can move forward for now. Sometimes that's the best course of action.)

🐏

Once upon a time, there lived a girl who dreamed away her hours. Kind of heart and unfaltering in the face of frightening beasts, her story became intertwined with monsters of the terrifying sort. She did not fear these monsters for she possessed a gift even she was unaware of.

The gift of seeing past a book's covers.

Where one might see a fiendish creature of devilish nature that needs to be eradicated, she saw their true colors beneath their unnatural appearances. This is why she ends up the perfect match for a family of undesirable beasts. Who better to protect such a pure heart, than those like the monsters we write about to scare our children at night?

Indigo reaches over to refill my teacup. It's a really pretty teacup, even if it does have a chip on the rim. It's in the shape of a tulip in bloom, made of pink blown glass and trimmed with gold paint. The saucer is an ornate blue that looks like it originated from the orient.

I smile at him in thanks and sip at the tea. It tastes of blackberries and a combination of herbs I don't know, that compliment it perfectly. With every sip I feel more at ease and a touch more energetic.

Christian sits on my other side and keeps placing food on my plate when I'm done with either the bacon or eggs. After six pieces of bacon, I hold up my hands in surrender," I'm full. Thank you though."

He smirks at me, a cunning glint shinning in his eyes," Just making sure you're eating enough."

My smile twitches from the force I use to keep it in place. Christian can be more intimidating than any of the others. That glint in his eyes sends chills down my spine.

Judas huffs at him and looks over at me. His eyes silently asking if I'm okay. I smile at him reassuringly and change the topic, " Fakir said you could all explain what's happening, or try to at least."

They all still at my words. Fakir sips at his tea leisurely, watching the others out of the corner of his eye. He's waiting for them to make the first move. Corvus blinks at me without saying a word so I know to look at someone else for answers if I want any. Judas' face turns somber, ruby red eyes glistening warily. Christian is pouring himself some tea. His face tightens, eyes peering over at Indigo.

My eyes instinctually follow Christian's to the solemn creature. Indigo sets his teacup down. I can't make anything of his expression. Those hollow eyes, those endless pits of shadow, are impenetrable.