-4-

"Stuck in between not caring at all

And caring too much."

-Unknown

(Y/N) awoke dazed and confused

       Her lids felt heavy, but she did her best to blink the weariness away.

              She looked around, trying to adjust to the dim lighting-- also wanting to recall where exactly she was-- but all she saw were the empty seats around her.

She was still on the jet.

              She sighed and leaned back on the soft leather of her backrest as this realization dawned on her. 'How many hours has it been?' She asked herself as she wiped her eye, dominant hand feeling around for her phone.

              The second her fingertips brushed against a rectangular bump on her lap, she shoved her hand in her pocket-- fishing for the said device. Pressing the home button, she cursed at herself as she squinted at the sudden shine coming from the screen of her phone. 'Should've lowered the brightness...'

'2:30 am'

              That had made her slouch down further in her place, exasperation glinting in her orbs. In just a few minutes, she'd reach her destination. And it wasn't even dawn yet. 'Would they even be awake when I get there?' She huffed and looked off to the side-- absentmindedly watching the clouds that passed by through the safety of the airplane window.

              After some pondering, she felt something skim across her temples, then along her nose. A bit startled, she jolted-- taking her attention away from the night sky, following the newfound movement instead-- eyes crossing in the process. 

              It was just strands of her hair.

              Fascinated, she watched as her locks flowed in the breeze, tickling her cheek every now and then. 'Wait... Breeze?' Looking up, she noticed that the vent was on and tilted directly towards her. And the moment she did, the cold finally got to her. Sniffling, she rubbed her scrunched up nose with her knuckle-- stretching to turn the air conditioner off. After that, she settled down in her seat, letting a few heartbeats pass.