Chapter 11

Stampy had fallen asleep at some point, exhausted from the day before and was curled up on the floor, his ears twitching every now and then.

Jason was sitting back at the mouth of the cave, looking out at the world around them. It was times like this when things just felt...normal, peaceful even, just like back home.

Stella had been strangely silent since last night's argument. She still wasn't really sure where she fit into all of this.

After all...

She was just another one of Kala's illusions...

Right?

Stampy stirred awake when a beam shone in the cave and into his face. He groaned and blinked awake. "What time is it??" He asked groggily.

"9 AM." Stella curtly replied.

Jason turned around. "Oh, good morning." He smiled. "Thought I'd let you stay asleep this time." He chuckled.

Stampy smiled. "Thanks... I need it, I guess. With my leg recovering and all... did you sleep at all?"

Jason shrugged. "I'm more of a night owl myself." He stretched and walked over to Stampy. "Sometimes it just seems more peaceful at night, especially here for some reason..."

"Maybe cause there's no monsters? Or at least none we've seen?" Stampy suggested as he moved over to Jason.

Jason nodded. "Yup, they probably don't want us to die from a creeper explosion." He joked.

Stampy gave a small laugh. "Probably."

Jason sighed. "When do you think you'll be ready to head out?"

"I don't know. Hopefully soon but I don't want to go then have to stop if my leg acts up."

"I don't want you to get hurt again, I'm fine with waiting."

Stampy nodded. "Alright. We can always try walking a little ways and see how I do, as well."

"You sure you'll be ok?"

"Yeah. Just need to get use to walking again." Stampy told him.

Jason nodded. "I don't know where we would go though..."

"True..."

"Is there even anywhere to go?" He wondered out loud, scanning the terrain outside. Nothing besides the dense forest could be seen.

And the beam of beacon in the sky.

Stampy sighed. "I don't know..."

Jason noticed the faint beam in the distance. "Is that...?"

"I think that's the beacon Kala mentioned..." Stampy agreed.

"Of course it' super far away..." Jason sighed. "Who knows what we'll run into on the way there..."

Stampy nodded. "A lot if what Kala said is anything to go off of..."

"Yup..." Jason agrees. "You sure that you're ready to go out there?"

Stampy sighed. "Well, we aren't gonna get any closer by waiting here..."

He nodded. "Hey Stella, Any idea of how long it would take to get there?"

"At full speed, a couple of days, maybe a week."

Jason sighed. "Guess we should probably get going then..."

"Do we need to pack anything? maybe get more water to take with us?" Stampy suggested.

Jason nodded. "That'd be good." He walked over and began to place more wood into the shulker box.