Chapter 15

A few hours had passed, and the sun was now beginning to set over the forests. The wind picked up and the temperature dropped.

Stampy shuddered and blinked awake. He sat up and looked at Jason before gently shaking him. "Jase, come on. You need to get up."

Jason slowly opened his eyes. "Huh...?"

"It's getting late. We need better shelter or to keep moving." Stampy told him softly. "I also need to tend to your injuries."

Jason nodded, realizing that he was still very much covered in blood. He stretched, the cut on his torso aching.

"Can you place the shulker down?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah." Jason places down the box and took out the cloth strips and potions.

Stampy got a strip wet with some water and started to gently wash the blood from the wounds then wrap them with potion soaked ones.

Jason let out a yelp, wincing and closing his eyes. He grabbed onto Stampy's arm and squeezed it. He was scared of how it would feel on the giant cut across his face.

Stampy gave him a weak smile. "It's okay." He wiped the blood from his face carefully, frowning at the wound. "Lay your head in my lap so I can apply the potion easier. It's gonna sting though. Do you want a clean strip of cloth to bite down on?" He offered.

Jason put his head on Stampy's lap and nodded. He clutched onto his leg.

Stampy used his hand to keep the potion from running down his face too much as he poured a little directly onto the wound.

Jason bit down on the cloth as hard as he could, a muffled scream coming out. His hands tensed and grabbed onto Stampy's jacket.

Stampy sighed. "It's okay, Jason... I'm almost done..." He placed the potion covered cloth over his cheek and made sure it stayed put.

Jason winced again and took the cloth out of his mouth. "T-thanks Stamps." He said, using the nickname for the first time.

Stampy stared at him surprised for a moment before smiling. "Of course, Jase. Now about that chest wound..."

"Oh, god..." Jason whined, sitting up and wiping his face. "How bad is that gonna hurt?"

"Uh... Hard to say until you take your jacket and shirt off..."

"Ugh..." Jason sighed and took off his jacket and shirt to reveal the fairly large (but thankfully not that deep) cut across his chest.

Stampy frowned. "Lay down so I can tend to it."

Jason laid back down, bunching up his jacket and using it as a pillow.

Stampy poured more of the potion onto the wound all the way across then sat Jason up so he could wrap it easier. "There! All done."

"Ahg...." Jason whined, stretching out his back. "It's a potion of healing, why does it have to hurt so much?"

"It's repairing your skin and anything else that was damaged. So it hurts more."

"Whatever, still doesn't make sense." Jason frowned and looked around at the trees, no mobs had spawned yet.

"Should we stay here for the night?" Stampy asked him, also noticing the lack of mobs.

"Would it be safe?"

"I'm not seeing any mobs... so maybe??"

"If that's the case we should take shifts, Don't want us both asleep in the woods at night."

Stampy nodded. "You need the most rest so I'll stay awake first."

"I just woke up though..." Jason protested.

"Well... Are you sure you want to go first?"

Jason paused. "It'd be for the best, my wounds still sting, it'd be hard for me to fall asleep..."

"Alright. Wake me if something happens." Stampy replied before curling up.

Jason nodded. He threw his shirt back on and leaned up against a tree.

The night passed fairly quickly and the two continued on their way.