⟶ SANGUE

『 Chapter 5 』

Chapter 5

⤐ ♤ « 〚♞〛 » ♤ ⬷

After the words left her lips, it was a frenzy.

Just as expected, Y/N played her Joker card and it worked, surprising the male in front of her. Y/N remembers his expression that was determined and hardened by experience and anger get washed away like a child's sandcastle during high-tide. The icy air floating above his outstretched hand dissipated and his jaw that was clenched slacked, his eyes filled with incomprehensible emotions and his mind played flashbacks from his youth.

Y/N didn't know what she had done to the poor boy, she had no idea what he went through, what he had to endure behind the scenes. If she had a clue about how he grew up, how he was treated by his own fucking father, maybe, just maybe, she wouldn't have said something. If she was like her past self again then she would've been kinder, less brash and personal in her fights, but that part of her died, buried and suffocated under her own misfortunes and mistakes. If she had thought about what she was getting into for just one more second, maybe this all could've been avoided.

If.

That stupid word, that godawful fucking word.

Its always about the ifs in life, at least, that's how it is to Y/N. It's always the ifs or buts or maybes. It'll always be the other route not taken, the other timeline she could've lived in if she just chose differently. She could've made a friend today, but no, she made an enemy with just two simple words. This whole rampage could've been avoided if she had just chose to keep her trap shut and fight. But it wasn't.

The ability to choose is so powerful.

If she chose to drown, maybe they would still be alive.

Digging up the darkest depths of someone's past was always risky, but Y/N couldn't have expected her plan to go so far south so fast. What was the point of this pathetic exercise anyway? To pretend to be a villain so you can get praise from a stuck up rich snob? To show yourself off in front of your classmates? To bring up an old childhood rivalry? What was the point?

Before Y/N could even think of the purpose of her fight, Todoroki let out a distinctive cry from his throat. Unadulterated anguish ripped through the air like a sword, so sharp that it could cut you without contact. The roar of his misery pierced the heart of Y/N and she faltered for a split second, her face becoming crestfallen at the sound of Shouto's battle cry that expressed his desire win, for himself, and for Touya.