⟶ ZEVRATI

『 Chapter 14 』

Chapter 14

⤐ ♤ « 〚♞〛 » ♤ ⬷

After bursting into the stadium with long strides, Y/N's upper body collapsed downwards in fatigue as she placed her hands on her bent knees, propping herself up.

After a few deep breaths, Y/N leaned over fully before pulling the black cotton mask off of her head, her natural (texture) hair fell downwards before she jerked her body back up into a standing position, her hair flying upwards and back in a dramatic, commercial-like hair flip. Her whole face was covered in sweat and perspiration from the mask, so her bandaged hand came up and wiped it all away.

Turning her head, she gazes into the roaring crowd of strangers, their screams echoing off of each other as she became almost overwhelmed from the rush of noise. Her heartbeat felt a little too fast, even after running as much as she did, so she knew she'd have to calm down a little bit before using her quirk again.

Her hands rested on her hips as she regained her energy, the mask balled up into her fist. Her neck twisted before her eyes connected with Midoriyas. His tea-green oculars held tears of pride and joy, and his awkwardly proud smile was filled with determination.

Scowling at his happiness, Y/N turned to look at Todoroki, who was melting off the frostbite on his right arm and leg, and Bakugou, who was growling to himself, his eyes dark and deadly. Y/N then realized that she had come behind the three males, and that no other student other than the four were in the stadium yet.

She hadn't even placed on the top three podium if the games were to end here. Her right eyebrow twitched as her left upper lip curled upwards, the back of her throat burning for water as well as the warmness from her rage.

"Fourth? Fucking fourth?!"

Hidaka's brow furrowed and her teeth were shown in an ugly frown mixed with a scowl. Her chest was heaving and her grip on the ski mask grew tighter. The thermal energy that was fading from when she stopped using her quirk was now radiating again, the temperature climbing around her slowly but surely. Her boots expelled so much heat that the concrete on which she stood slowly started to become soft.

Glittering softly in the sunlight, a sparkling piece of pink confetti landed and stuck to the sweaty cheek of Y/N. It had flittered down and was sprinkled all around the stadium to celebrate the entrance of the top forty-two participants.

The moment the small paper decoration touched her face, it spontaneously combusted into a small white flame that lasted no more than a half a second. Small blackened ashes of the confetti fell into Y/N's palms, the dark soot contrasting with the white, and fireproof, medical tape that the girl was wearing around her arms.