⟶ NAVVALA

『 Chapter 23 』

Chapter 23

⤐ ♤ « 〚♞〛 » ♤ ⬷

"I hope you all understand the importance of your punctuality tomorrow." The teacher states as he gazed out to his small sea of students. "Arrive at the Musutafu General Station before eight in the morning. All trains will be leaving in between the times of 8:15 to 9:00, so I expect you all to be properly prepared and packed for these internships. Understand?"

"Yes, sir!" The students rung out in a routine fashion, most of them glancing at the clock as the thinnest hand ticked ever so slowly.

"Good. If you squander this opportunity, you will regret it for the next three years of your education. I will be there tomorrow to send you off; and Hidaka, see me after class."

As the clock clicks to three fifteen, the bells sang with their perfect voices in their delightful chimes—the end of the day had come. Shouta's timing was impeccable as always. Soon, the classroom was filled with chatting words of delayed excitement, for their internships would start in only a day. The squeaking of the chair stoppers against them linoleum and the patters off clean shoes distracted the girl in the back of the class from the knot in her chest.

It was everything she didn't want to do: talk to her godforsaken teacher alone. She stayed seated, faking her features to seem unbothered while the people shuffled around her seamlessly. Her eyes watched as her classmates emptied through the abnormally large door, a few people looking back at her in confusion.

She caught eyes with Shouji, his massive frame paused by the door. With a half-assed salute and a fetching smirk, she had convinced him that she was fine. But was she? What had she done? With a small nod, the tall boy left soundlessly.

This past week was rather calm. Lessons were easy, planning for her internship in another city didn't seem so bad, and most of all, her sociability has increased dramatically. She had never realized how stupid Kaminari's humor was, but it made her chuckle nonetheless. With all of this, she hadn't done anything wrong—that she knew of at least.

Her eyes followed her teacher as he went to his corner to roll up his yellow sleeping bag. Y/N disliked the color of it, but, maybe she only resented it because it was associated with Shouta. Then, she noticed the silence in the room. Empty enough for privacy.

Taking this as a sign, she pulled her blazer off of the backside of her chair and tied the arms around her waist. It was too hot already for her with all of her necessary layers, and she would most definitely overheat with its extra layer. She took her bag and slung one of its straps over her shoulder haphazardly and then walked up to the front of the room.