2

Ella reached 10 minutes prior to 4pm. She waited outside the café, nervous. Shortly Rhys arrived, he parked his red car and headed towards the café.

His eyes met hers and he waved at her instantly.

Damn.. hes dressed like a model, thought Ella as she checked him out unintentionally.

Rhys wore black denim and a casual black blazer. A hand in his pocket and the other holding his keys he strode towards her.

I feel so plainly dressed oh god why do i feel so self conscious with him, thought ella.

"Hey you are early" said Rhys with a smile.

"Ehh no i just reached a minute before you" lied ella. She didnt want Rhys to think of her as being desperate.

They sat at a table. Rhys began scanning through the menu.

"Coffee or ice tea?" He said.

"I thought we came here to discuss assignment"

"Ofcourse, we are just doing it over a cup of beverages"

Before ella could say anything further, rhys called the hostess.
"Two cups of ice tea please"

"Yes sir" said the hostess flirtatiously.

Ella noticed the hostess checking Rhys out. However Rhys looked at Ella.

"Treats on me" said Rhys, as he looked at Ella with a smile.

"Ok so lets get started, i have prepared the points, just go through them and basically that will cover all the important aspects." Said Ella.

"Thats it?"

"Yup, we are done, thats the reason i didnt want to order anything.. but you didnt even ask me.."

"Do you have a date tonight?"

"What?? No!" Said ella feeling annoyed.

"Then why do you wanna rush?" Demanded Rhys

Coz, i cant continue just looking and talking into your eyes, your charms affect me.. and i can't let you know that.., thought Ella
"Because we our done discussing on the assignment" said Ella thoughtfully.

"Cant you give me some company? I dont want to drink this alone.. " replied Rhys.

"Alrite" said Ella. the hostess placed the ice teas on the table. I'll just look at my tea or somewhere else, because he is too distracting, thought ella.

She isnt even looking at me, thought Rhys. He stared at Ella, her smooth black hair and fair skin, as she stirred her tea. He briefly gazed at her collar bones and her pink lips before settling on her eyes. At that moment Ella met his gaze and Rhys felt awkward. He hoped she didnt catch him checking her out.

He had to break the awkward silence now.
After a brief moments of awkward silence Rhys asked, hows the tea?
"Its good.. really.. !!" Said ella with a smile.

"Im glad you liked it"

By then both finished drinking the tea and said good bye to each other. Rhys desperately hoped he could make her wait more longer with him. It began to rain heavily. Here was his chance again.

"How are you going?"asked Rhys.

"I live 10 minutes away from here and the weather was good,i didnt bring my bike, i'll leave once the rain stops"

"I'll drop you home" said Rhys.

"Thanku, but It's ok" said ella.

"The rain wont stop that soon, so just come with me" ordered Rhys.

"Alrite" said Ella.