Precognition

Destiny gave a chance.

For you to foresee.

Do what you saw.

Say what you heard.

As for the path to match.

"Destiny is the push of our instincts to the pull of our purpose." –T.D. Jakes

I saw that quote on facebook. I reacted a heart and then closed my phone. I averted my gaze to elsewhere. Today's our fieldtrip and it's in Fort Santiago, Intramuros. As we neared the Arch of the Centuries, I felt some weird feeling. I looked at the high walls and it looked familiar. I shrugged. A déjà vu maybe. That's normal, anyway.

I fixed my specs because it was falling. I kept on looking down because I'm too shy to make any eye contacts.

We entered the Arch of the Centuries and went around the whole fort santiago and any other attractions. Everyone took pictures, while I was there alone. I don't like to take pictures because I'm not photogenic nor beautiful. Just the average.

I watched everyone and then a small smile crept into my face. History is beautiful. Everything here is beautiful. All of us followed the tour guide and went all around the whole of Fort Santiago. Then the tour guide allowed us to roam around freely and the teachers as well.

So I went alone and roamed. It's so quiet in where I was standing, the air is not so fresh but, hey, it's still nice to have a cool air. It's a fine day. Nothing could happen—

I froze and took 2 steps backwards as I sensed something would happen. And there was it, a bike suddenly crashed to the stoned bench I was near at. Everyone shockingly went to the guy who crashed. I felt suffocated so I walked near the sea.

What was that? Why was I alarmed? How did I know that?

I looked at the injured guy. He was bleeding. He wasn't wearing any helmet or kneepads. Everyone called help and the authorities immediately went at the crime. I sighed in relief when I saw him open his eyes.

I went out of the commotion and stayed somewhere peace and quiet.

The teachers, then, gathered us and made sure that everyone is at the meeting place before we leave. While walking quietly and following Dr. Jose Rizal's footsteps, I can't help to think again of what happened an hour ago.

We stopped outside the Arch of the Centuries because everyone insisted on taking more pictures. I was reading something near the Arch when someone, familiarly said something. And it made me tremble.

"1, 2, 3—" I heard someone imitating the camera man's counting. "Hey, move here, Jaydee. Someone's taking a picture." He said as he pulled me.

I looked at him. Those words felt so familiar, like more than a déjà vu. It made me a bit dizzy so it was hard to compose myself.

"1, 2, 3—" I heard someone imitating the camera man's counting. "Hey, move here, Jaydee. Someone's taking a picture." Someone said as that someone pulled me. I looked at him but no one was beside me and then all became black.

It dawned on me that this was the dream I had months ago, even before I met Deejay! Deejay is one of my classmate and he was the man inside my dream! Everything is becoming a blur to me, that dream is flashing one by one in my mind while I'm wide awake!

My sight is becoming black and white. I don't know what is happening!

After everything

You shall feel something

An illegal chance

To ready the future

"A-are you okay?" He asked.

I can't speak as I came to realize what just happened. I am still in shock and can barely walk. Deejay walked with me, both of his arms in my shoulders.

I looked at Deejay.

I had four more dreams with him. Though I can't see his face, I'm sure it was him. I can't be mistaken. I have this feeling of something.

The last dream I had with him that I can still recall clearly is that... He would be my husband. And if it would be true, then I'd be glad!

I smiled at him. "I-I think I'm fine... thank you." I thought he'd leave my side because he always do that but today is a surprising day, he didn't even go to his circle of friends after the incident back at the Fort Santiago.

"Jay, I –I know you saw me..." I stopped midway while walking towards my house. I turned around to face him. Clueless on what he's saying. "I-in your dreams... and—"

My eyes became wide. "W-what?"

He looked directly at my eyes. "I saw it too."