FOUR

[GIGI continued]

[GIGI continued]

The kids smiled at Gigi, following after her as she skipped through, leading them to the Isle square.

"Gigi!" A voice that she knew very well called. She motioned for the kids to go on without her, turning to the person who called her name.

Gil lifted her up and spun her around. Gigi wrapped her arms around his shoulders, giggles escaping her lips.

"Sunshine I've missed you." Gil said, pressing a kiss to her lips. Gigi smiled brighter. Gil always made her happy, even if their friends were fighting, that never had stopped them.

"I've missed you so much." Gigi said, her smile growing as she embraced the son of Gaston.

"So how have you been?" Gil asked, placing a finger under her chin.

"I've been fine." Gigi said. "I'm still getting used to having a brother and parents that actually care about me. How about you?"

"Uma left us and hasn't come back so Harry's in charge." Gil shuddered. "It isn't as fun anymore."

"I'm sure it'll get better." Gigi assured. "And I'm sure Uma will come back eventually."

"I got something for you." Gil said, fishing a necklace out of his pocket and slipping it around her neck. Gigi smiled down at it, seeing the shape of the sun at the end of the chain.

"I love it." Gigi said, pulling him closer on their embrace. "And I love you."

"I love you too." Gil said with a frown. "But I don't know when I'll see you again."

"I'm sure I'll see you soon." Gigi said. "We're bringing more VKs over and we'll back so many time that thee won't be anymore left here."

"That sounds like fun." Gil said, smiling. "Then we could be together and you could show me all those places you talked about."

"Gigi!" Jay called down the alley, not seeing the blonde but knowing she was there. "Come on."

Gigi waved to Gil, giving him one last hug before heading toward the plaza. She looked back one last time to see him make a turn down an alley way. She sighed, making her way toward the plaza once more.

She weaved through the crowd of people to the balcony where the rest of the original VKs waited. Gigi skipped up the steps, taking them two at a time, as she stood between Mal and Evie. She looked at the crowd, each kid excited to leave. Each kid hoping that they would be chosen.

The kids smiled at them, calling at the three girls.

"Pick me Mal!" One called

"Choose me Evie!" Another shouted.

"I want to go with you Gigi!" called another.

"Who wants to go? You?" Mal asked the crowd, seeing the anticipation in their eyes, pointing to a girl.

"Yes! Pick me, Mal. Pick me!" A girl shouted. Mal smiled, nodding her head for Evie to call.

"I can't believe this day has finally arrived!" Evie called to the crowd, earning a cheer. "I honestly wish we could take you all with us, and someday very soon maybe we can." 

"Yeah, were gonna be back here so many times, you're gonna get sick of us." Mal said with a laugh. 

"So sick." Evie repeated, "Can we get a drumroll please?" 

The crowd repeatedly stomped their boots as Evie spoke once more. 

"First, I would like to begin, with the granddaughter of Lady Termaine, daughter of Drizella, my sweet, sweet friend, my Dizzy."  Evie smiles as Dizzy squealed.

Dizzy grinned and ran her way up the stairs, giving a hug to Gigi before wrapping her arms around Evie.

"Next...the son of Smee." Carlos smiled at the boy.  "Come on, Squeaky."

Slowly letting go of his brother he walked up the steps as the crowd cheered him on.  Gigi smiled at the boy, who didn't want to leave his brother behind.

Squeaky paused hugging Carlos before turning to Gigi and hugging her.  Gigi smiled at the boy, fixing his beanie.

"And no way we're separating the twins" Jay said, waving his arm to Squirmy. "Get over here, Squirmy, come on!" 

Squirmy smiled, unlatching from his father and hurrying toward Jay. "Bring it in, buddy."

"Next is someone we tried inviting before." Gigi paused, seeing the daughter of the Cheshire Cat in the back of the crowd, along with the twin children of Hades. "The daughter of the Cheshire Cat, my friend, Chelsea!"

Chelsea pursed her lips, being nudged by Helia, weaving her way through the crowd. She walked past the four VKs, patting Gigi on the shoulder.

"Thanks." Chelsea said, flatly, not at all enthusiastic. Gigi accepted that, crossing her arms over her chest and making it seem she wasn't at all bothered.

"And last but certainly not least, we all picked this girl because we all agreed that she could use a little bit of Fairy Godmother's goodness class. Give it on up for Dr. Facilier's daughter, Celia!"

"I'm bad." Celia smiled, twirling as she walked toward them.

The five VKs smiling at her as she made her way up the steps. The others followed her up the steps, huddling together. 

"We'll be back for you guys next week, okay?" Carlos reminded. 

"So pack your stuff— your own stuff." Jay said causing the others to laugh in response. 

"Where are you going?" Evie asked the new VKs. 

The newly chosen VKs—excluding Chelsea, cheered along with crowd. "AURADON!"

See Gigi knew things could get better. She knew that all these kids deserved a chance. She knew she'd see Gil again, no matter the circumstances.