TWELVE

[CRYSTAL]

[CRYSTAL]

Crystal had trouble sleeping that night. Maybe it was the new environment or maybe it was the silence.

She ventured out of the room she was sharing with Gigi, slowly shutting the door. She heard sounds of chatter and found Sam, Celia; Dizzy, Squeaky and Squirmy, seated on the couch, eating cookies.

"Hey." Crystal said, sitting next to them, though Squeaky and Squirmy didn't respond, gripping tighter to their sister.

"They mean hi." Sam said. "So what's up?"

"It's really late why are you awake?" Crystal asked.

"Why are you awake?" Sam asked. "I'm kidding. We were eating cookies."

"They're really good." Celia said. "We helped her make them. Want one?"

Crystal took one, taking a bite.

"They're really good." Crystal said. "But you guys should go to sleep. It's a big day tomorrow, Jane invited us to her birthday party."

"We didn't really have birthday party's on the Isle." Dizzy said. "Except for Helia, she always had one and Mal and Uma. Other than that no one bothered to know them."

"When's your birthday?" Crystal asked. "We're totally going to give you guys the biggest birthdays ever! To make up for all the ones you didn't have."

"Mines next month." Dizzy said. "Or well it's this month it's the first of June right?"

"Yes." Crystal said. "What day?"

"The ninth." Dizzy said with a grin.

"Me too." Celia said.

"You have the same birthday?" Crystal said. "That's so cool."

"Yeah." Dizzy said. "Well I'm pretty sure we do. No one is good at remembering dates in the Isle so we celebrate the same day."

"That's nice." Crystal said. "What about you Sam?"

"The twenty first." Sam said as Crystal nodded.

""Is that why you have a twenty one tatted on your hand? And them?" Crystal asked.

"The twenty ninth of July." Sam offered . "Yeah. Twenty one's my golden birthday."

"Eighteen is mine. I know." Crystal said. "We could have a party for all of you on the same day! Right?"

"I guess." Sam said with a shrug. "I don't really care about my birthday. When's your birthday?"

"It's for real now and mine is the eighteenth of August." Crystal said, turning to the younger VKs. "You should go to sleep."

"Yeah." Dizzy said, standing up and handing Sam Halo. "Night Sam, Crystal."

Celia handed Heaven to Crystal, waving goodbye as she and Dizzy went into their shared room.