51

It wasn't long before I found myself back in the surprisingly comfortable hospital bed for another round of tests. With a sigh, I sunk back onto the bed and closed my eyes, allowing the darkness to envelope me while the soft humming of machines filled the silence.

"Yes sir," a woman's voice suddenly said and I snapped my eyes open to see Logan talking with a nurse at the end of my bed.

She smiled up at me, fear sparking in her eyes. "Hello Miss," she greeted politely. "I'm just going to make sure your back to a healthy state," she told me and I nodded, knowing I was fine. With a quick kiss on my forehead, Logan left to get some work done while I got checked out.

Once again, I was poked and prodded with needles and an hour later, the nurse was sat at a small desk at the edge of the room waiting for my results to come back.

It didn't take long for a small woman to come running in with papers in her hand and she handed them over before scurrying away.

"Am I all good?" I asked, already clambering to my feet.

"Actually..." her voice drifted off and I frowned in confusion, my heart beginning to patter in my chest at the look on her face.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked her, my voice weak.

She cleared her throat. "You're pregnant."

I stared at her for the longest time, searching for any sign that she was joking, lying or drunk. When I realised she was being genuinely serious, my jaw slammed to the floor.

"I'm... I'm pregnant?" I gasped, fisting the sheets beneath me.

She nodded. "Yes, you aren't very far along yet but there is definitely a baby in there."

"Oh my god," I breathed, subconsciously moving my hands to my stomach. Tears gathered in my eyes - whether happy or sad, I didn't know.

"I'd say your about six weeks along," the nurse continued, oblivious to my tears. "Come back in a couple of weeks and I can check for a heartbeat. You need to make sure you are eating plenty and resting, after the last few weeks, your baby will also be undernourished."

I nodded silently, too busy trying to regulate my breathing. The nurse glanced up and frowned. "Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah," I breathed. "I need to find Logan, are we done?"

She nodded. "Sure, this must be a lot to take in," she said. "If you like, I will email your results to Logan."

I nodded. "That would be great, thanks," I told her, shuffling off the bed. "Could you do me a favour and wait until I have told him about this," I asked, pointing to my stomach.

Once she agreed, I shot her a smile and then made my way through the house towards Logan's office. I knocked, waiting for him to call me in. When he did, I entered. "Hey, can we talk?"

Logan looked up from his computer and frowned as I slipped into the room. "What are you doing here?" He asked, concern flashing across his face.

I turned to close the door behind me and when I spun back, he had risen from his seat and was standing in front of me. "Why aren't you in the hospital?"

"My tests are done," I told him, leaning against him. "The nurse is going to email you the results when she gets them."

"You need to get to bed," he grumbled, a sharp look in his eyes. "Let's go."

"In a minute." I grabbed his arm, stopping his movements. "Can we talk first?" I asked him.

He frowned down at me. "Is something wrong?"