chapter five

Point of view - Loki

Thor was being taken through the corridors of the palace heading to the healing room. Me and (y/n) were following the maids that carried my wounded brother on a stretcher.

I looked at her precisely, analysing each one of her perfect features, as if it was the first time, while she was focused in Thor who was unconscious. Her eyes had an worried expression, I could feel it, even though she wasn't looking at me.

She was worried about Thor, about my brother, but when I spent the nights awake thinking of the mistake I did with her, she wasn't there to be worried for me.

We entered the healing room together, after the maids. They placed Thor in a bed and started wrapping bandages around the wounded area of his belly.

The doctor analysed him carefully. He traced the bandaged wound with his fingers and looked at Thor with a attentive and concerned look.

"Please tell me he is going to be fine." (y/n) said.

"I'm afraid that what I'm about to say will disappoint you. The exams show that the wound is very deep, It would be very difficult to save him." The doctor said in a calm tone.

"No." I whispered.

I didn't knew that Thor's state was this serious. I thought that, what I did, would've give me time to be with her and solve things, but I didn't wanted to grieve him this much.

"There has to be a way." I said decided to the doctor, before I felt (y/n) eyes looking at me with a sympathetic look. My breath stopped for a second.

Is she really worried about me?

"We're gonna find a way." She said in a sweet tone.

Is she really being caring to me, after the things I said to her, after she left me?

"Actually there is a way, but it's not used that much." The doctor informed us.

"What is it?" I asked rushing.

"The deep sleep. The same as King Odin used to heal his illness." The doctor said.

(y/n) started talking before I could react. "Can we put Thor in deep sleep?"

"You can, but to heal Thor's wound, it would be necessary one month of deep sleep." The Doctor informed.

Yes! That's exactly the time I need to solve things up. I kept quiet.

"That means he will be sleeping during one whole month!?" (y/n) said shocked.

I don't know why. For me, one month is nothing. If she is from Vanaheim, why she was that outraged with the doctor's comment?

"It's fine. It will cure the wound and it will be ok." I said trying to calm her down. The impulse of the moment leaded my hand to her shoulder and when my hand touched her undercovered skin, she gave a step back.

Why did she stepped back? Is she afraid of me?

She soon disguised it, and looked at the doctor before looking at me again.

"Ok." She said breaking eye contact with me and looking at the ground. She was silent for some seconds before lifting her head of the ground and eyeing some maids who were staring at our beggarly situation.

"What are you waiting for?! Get the prince in deep sleep right now." She talked someway aggressively to the maids who ran to my brother, lifted his stretcher and took him out of the room.

Then, she spoke to the doctor. "Thank you."

"No problem. I'm just doing my job." The doctor assured to her.

She gave him a sweet smirk before turning around and heading towards the exit and I followed her.

I came closer to her, walking by her side, while she kept a neutral expression in her face. It looked like something, or someone was disturbing her. I thought it was best to break the ice.

"I liked your attitude there." I said with a supportive smile.

"Thanks. I learned with you." She said with a proud smirk on her lips, but a sarcastic tone on her voice.

I decided to join her game.

"Oh really? You learned with me how to give orders and shout to people?" I said while she looked at me with a playful look on her eyes.

She wanted to play.

"Kind of, yes." She said.

"Well, there is no doubt that I was born to rule, but the shouting part isn't too exaggerated?" I asked playfully.

"You said it yourself." She stated looking forward.

"It's fair." I said smiling.

Passing this time with (y/n), even if it's just a small conversation, it warms me inside. Lately, she was too busy with Thor that, basically, she forgot about me.

I spent the last weeks refugee in the library, reading, drinking wine, and trying to forget that, probably, she was cuddling with my brother in his bedroom.

But now it's different, I see a light in the end of the tunnel. But this wouldn't be happening if I hadn't taken actions.

While I was admiring her soft features, I watched her face change to a slightly concerned expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's just..." She took a deep breath before continuing. "What if that doesn't work? What if he really dies?" She joined her hands in front of her belly, playing with her fingers, probably to stop the nerves.

"I already told you. It's gonna be alright." I said trying to calm her down.

"I know but I can't stop thinking about it." She confessed.

I figured that she needed to calm down. Clean the head for a bit.

"You know what? We're going to the bar. Have some drinks, clean the head." I said looking in her eyes.

"That sounds good." She said breaking the eye contact with me and staring at the floor again.

"You shouldn't be surprised. I always have good ideas." I said with a sassy smirk of my own, while (y/n) was still staring at the ground.

She is acting strange. I thought we still had a connection but, turns out, we don't.