Angel

Alexander's POV

"Aria I can explain just-just close that and let's sit and I'll explain" I finished with a sigh and dug my fingers into my hair.

I fucked up, I fucked up big time. I'm losing her.

"How can you explain a drawer full of guns, weapons and bullets?" she asked darkly. I came close to her and touched her shoulder.

She sounds empty.

"Princess-"

"Don't-" my hand flinched away. "-touch me" She didn't know that was th hardest thing for me to do.

"Please" I whispered desperately. "This is only for safety"

Lame.

"If it was for safety you wouldn't need all this things. I would  understand if it was just one gun but this is filled"

"Aria you trust me right? You know I would never hurt you"

"You would hurt others though. What are you? A killer?" She asked breaking my heart into pieces.

My heart that only beats for her.

"Aria" I felt my throat close and my eyes well up.

I never cry, but I'm not ashamed of crying for her.

"As much as I want to I can't explain everything. I wish I could, but you would never understand"

"Why wouldn't I"

"Just like you can't understand that for some reason there is a hidden drawer in my closet full of guns and weapons"

"If you don't explain then I can't-"

"You think it's easy for me? You think telling you is easy? I can't tell you. I can't put you in more danger"

"More?" She turned to look at me. Her beautiful emerald eyes were like pools of tears right now, glistening in the light of the closet they looked like green crystals.

Beautiful yet heartbreaking.

"Just like you can't tell me some things and you can't tell caleb about me because you would put me in danger, I can't tell you about this" I confessed. "Please don't be scared of me. Please" I whispered desperately shutting my eyes tightly wishing this could be just a nightmare.

Why did I have to fuck up? I can't lose her now.

"I can't be scared of you even if I wanted to. Even if I should" She dropped her gaze at the floor and closed the drawer. I let out a sigh of relief.

I almost had a heart attack.

"You shouldn't I would never hurt you, I'd die before hurting you"

"That doesn't mean I can just brush it off and everything will go back to normal"

"I'll do whatever you want to prove to you that you're safe with me"

Even though she may be not, I vowed to protect her. I will

"Can you hide them somewhere else for starters?" She murmured quietly.

"Of course" I answered quickly.

"I should ask you to keep your distance"

Saying it crushed me would be the understatement of the year. She tore my heart apart.

"But I don't want you to and I still feel safe with you. It's stupid but-"

"No it's not, you should feel safe with me I would protect you at any cost" I said almost dropping to me knees and begging her to believe me.