Down The Memory Lane

Warning: violence and murder

"I missed hearing your voice little sis" I heard his sinister voice. That voice which had been in all my nightmares where I would wake up panting and sweating.

That voice which I've come to hate.

"Not going to say hi to you beloved brother?"

My eyes were wide open and my jaw had dropped. I felt my throat tight and my eyes well up as my  hand was shaking trying to hold onto the phone.

"Aria what's wrong?" Alexander asked as he touched my face. I flinched and whimpered. "Who is it?" He said more loudly probably getting impatient.

"What do you want?" I asked with a small voice.

"I want my sister back"

"I want my older brother back, but I know you can't go back to that. You're a monster"

"I thought we said we would always have each other's back!" He yelled and I heard something shutter in the background. "I thought you said family is the most important thing to you. That you would never abandon your family!"

"Shut up you abandoned me!" I screamed. Alexander held my hand. He didn't know what was going on and was obviously confused but he comforted my anyway.

"I'm here" He mouthed. It gave me much more strength than I thought it would.

"I will always come back to you Aria, you know this" He chuckled. He just sounded off. Crazy.

"I don't want you to. I don't want you in my life anymore" I said sternly.

"Shut up ungrateful brat!" He yelled again probably breaking something again.

"Oh so now I'm the ungrateful brat. Tell me who supported you financially and emotionally when no one else did. I had faith in you because I was just a little girl who loved her big brother and was willing to do anything to help him. Just so I could get some respect from you" I started ranting not caring if Alexander was listening.

I didn't care about anything at this point.

"And I told you with so much happiness that I had faith in you. You remember what you did? You threw me a cold gaze, an ironic smirk and you said 'I don't give a fuck if you have faith in me'. Remember that?"

He was speechless of course. He didn't know what to answer. I knew he remembered it, but I also knew that if he had to he would deny it till I would even think I'm crazy. He was just so manipulating.

"Not to mention what you made me watch. No child should ever see that!" I yelled at him. I wanted to make him feel bad, I wanted to make him see my pain.

I just wanted him to feel as hurt as me.

"I took all the beatings for you. You used me, abused me and you have no right to talk about family to me. Now get out of my life!" I yelled and hung up. The moment I hung up I broke down crying and sobbing.

Alexander came close to me and took me in his arms.

"You can talk to me or not if you want, but I'm here. You're not alone" He whispered cradling me.

But for once I wanted to talk. I wanted to share my pain. He had already heard so much.

But right now I just couldn't utter a word, only sob.

Tomorrow I would talk to him. I would tell him everything I was too afraid to tell anyone.

-----------