Chapter 15- Will

THROUGHOUT HIS LIFE, Will had imagined what he would say to his dad if he ever came back. It depended on the mood he was in, but it was always a speech how he didn't need his dad's approval and he was stronger then what his dad had made him. 

But now, standing in front of him, Will suddenly wasn't sixteen, but no older then 9. Every small ounce of strength he had in him crumbled away in less time then it took him to blink.
"Move outta of the way, boy!" Lonnie called, and Will unthinkingly obliged. His dad stumbled to the living room and sat in the armchair.

"What'ya standing there for? Fetch your father a beer!" His dad yelled, getting comfortable in the armchair.

this can't be happening this can't be happening his can't be happening, Will thought to himself. His whole body started shaking. He moved to the fridge in a sort of trance, grabbing one of the beers and handing it to his dad while still standing as far away from him as possible. 
His dad opened the bottle with his teeth and tossed the cap to the side, and the clink it made on the floor was the only sound in the room aside from his dad's loud slurping.
"Where's Jonathan?" Lonnie said as he finished his beer.
Will forgot how to speak. His breathing became quicker, his heart started racing....
"You deaf or something? I said, WHERE IS YOUR BROTHER?" Lonnie yelled, grasping the empty bottle so hard his fingers turned white.
"I-I-in college," Will let out, his voice breaking in the end of the sentence.
"So that makes you what, 13? 14?" his father said, looking him up and down.
"Sixteen," Will whispered.
"That's how you look at 16? yikes. Well, definitely your mother's genes." Will wanted to yell at him to get out. He wanted to go to the phone and call the police, call his mom, someone!
"Where's your mother? The father asked, looking around the dark house.

"Visiting someone- She'll be back in a few days," Will said. He wanted to back away, but his whole body felt stiff. He couldn't do anything but look at his father with large, fearful eyes.
"I guess you'll do then. Listen, kid. I screwed up. I need some money to get back on my feet." Lonnie said, staring straight in Will's eyes. "500 bucks should do the trick." 500 dollars?

Even with Bob working a full time job they couldn't spare to give away 500 dollars, but even if they could Will didn't have 500 dollars right now. He had 100 dollar bill that was all of his savings, plus a 20 his mother had left him for food. and right then, staring into his father's eyes, Will made a decision.
"No." Will said as strongly as he could, not looking into his father's eyes.
"What?" Lonnie asked, and his tine was sharp and cutting, scaring Will half to death. But Will stayed strong, Using all his willpower.

"I can't give you 500 dollars. I don't have 500 dollars."  Will's voice was low and shaky, but at least he was speaking. Pride washed over him for a moment, but it disappeared when he saw the expression on his father's face. an expression of pure hate, of loathing. He slowly arose from the armchair. He still towered over Will. Will screamed at himself internally, told himself to run, to get as far away from there as he could, but his feet were still frozen in place.
"I think you're getting a bit confused," Lonnie breathed, the heavy smell of someone who hadn't brushed their teeth for a long time and then drank beer washed over Will. It was hauntingly familiar, and entirely frightening.
"I'm your father. I made you, you ungrateful little shit. get me the money right this instance or you'll regret it for the rest of your faggy life." Will's body seemed disconnected from his mind. His feet carried him towards his bedroom, and suddenly he was back in front of his dad, the crumpled 100 dollar bill in his hand.
The father grabbed the money. "Does this look like 500 dollars to you?"
"I- I only have 20 more, I swear!" Will called, and something in his tone seemed to convince his dad.
"WELL THEN YOU BETTER FUCKING GO AND GET IT! and as additional payment, get me two bottles of vodka and a bottle of whiskey."  Lonnie yelled, and Will ran to the kitchen and struggled to get everything his father demanded. you pathetic little fuck, have a spine! the voice in his head yelled at him, but Will ignored it. He had to, if he wanted to make it out in one piece. He definitely wasn't safe. Will put the bottles and the bill on the armchair and his father turned to inspect them.
"I don't like these, but the whiskey is good. " He finally called,turning back to Will with the whiskey in his arms.  then, his eyes widened with shock as he stared at Will.
"You're sixteen years old. your'e a fucking man. and you stand here, crying?!" 

Will hadn't noticed tears were rolling down his cheeks silently. Nothing made his father angrier then seeing his son cry. He had almost gotten out in peace...

 but now he flinched back as the beer bottle hit his face, heard the glass shattering and felt blood dripping into his mouth. He fell back and felt his dad kick him repeatedly.  He screamed loudly as something snapped in his ankle, and that seemed to satisfy his dad. He stood above him, and spit in his face. "You're no son of mine," Lonnie said, and through the dizziness Will saw his dad's face twist with hate. That's when he really realized his father never loved him. His own father wouldn't care if he was dead. And then he heard the front door slamming, and he was alone again. He tried to get up, but his leg protested painfully.

 He fell back on the cold floor, unable to move, and let the tears stream down his face.