Chapter 5- The Song of the Super Com

Mike's POV

After three lengthy conversations and three lengthy phone calls, Jonathan, Lucas, Mr Sinclair, Mrs Sinclair, Erica, Dustin and Mrs Henderson all came to the house. Lucas, Dustin and I briefed everyone on what she looked like. We described her to Will and he managed to draw quite an accurate and lifelike picture of her. "Okay everyone, her name is Fifteen but she prefers (y/n) or (n/n). Although, Dustin calls her Fifi." I explained. Suddenly, there was a knock at the front door. "You didn't call anyone else apart from us, Mike, did you?" asked Dustin. "No. No, of course I didn't." I answered the door. There were three men in lab coats, two looked like they were Mum's age and the one in the middle was tall with white hair and looked distressed. As soon as I saw them I knew they were after Fifteen. "Hello young man." said the older man "We're looking for a seventeen year old girl. She's my daughter and I'm terribly worried about her." He started to fake-cry. I internally rolled my eyes Wow, you are a terrible actor. "Oh, I'm sorry for your loss but why are you at my house?" I asked. "Our sources have told us that she would be here. She ran away. She was in a hospital dressing gown that was burnt. You haven't seen her have you?" asked the man. "Doctor Brenner here misses his daughter dearly." "What did she look like?"  I asked. "She has (h/c) hair but it's shaved because she has cancer. The poor girl, when my wife and I found out, we were heart-broken." said Doctor Brenner. "I'm so sorry. What are her eyes like?" I asked. "They're (e/c). Here's a picture of his daughter." said one of the scientists while the other consoled Brenner. "Her eyes are bloodshot from all the chemotherapy but they're usually (e/c)." "Well, if I see your daughter Doctor Brenner, sir, I will be sure to give you a call." "Thank you so much, son." "Our number's on the back. It's Doctor Brenner's personal number." "Where are your men from?" "Hawkins lab. It's where his daughter was being kept for her chemotherapy. Well, have a good evening." "I will. I hope you find your daughter, sir." "Thank you."

I shut the door running over to the dining table, placing her picture on the table. "Dustin, Lucas, you will not believe who was just at the door." I said, pulling them to the side. "Who?" asked Dustin and Lucas in unison. "Men from Hawkins lab and Doctor Brenner came in person" "But Brenner's dead. He died when the Demogorgon killed him." reasoned Lucas. "What if that person that died wasn't Brenner." said Dustin. "Don't be an idiot, Dustin." said Lucas, hitting him. "What if it's Fifi's powers making us see him? What if it's that? What if she's showing us an alternate reality where Brenner is alive." "Fifteen's missing and in the Upside Down." I reasoned. "She could be doing what Dustin is saying." said Will, walking over. "What do you mean?" Dustin, Lucas and I asked in unison. "Well, the lights to start off with. What if she's making you see him and an alternate reality to make sure to tell you that she's still here." "But she never said that was one of her powers." reasoned Nancy. "What if she keeps some hidden." said Mum. "Mum, you didn't even know that she had powers until two seconds ago." "Yes, but people do hide things that they don't want others to know. What if she's showing you what would've happened if he survived." "Mum's right." "Really Nancy? Mum just found out that Fifteen has superpowers like El and you're siding with her." "We all have secrets Mike, maybe that's hers." said Dad. I sighed in exasperation when I realised something. "Wait, we've forgotten someone." "Who?" Everyone asked in unison. "Steve." "No. There is no way in hell you're calling him, Mike!" exclaimed Nancy. "We need as many people as we can get Nancy. Besides, he saw Fifteen and I riding home from the movies and called her a freak. He knows what she looks like." I said, dialling Steve's number. "You are mental Michael Wheeler." said Nancy. "And you're not, Nancy Wheeler?" I snapped.

The phone started ringing and someone picked up. "Yeah, Steve speaking." "Uh, hi Steve. I need your help with something. I need you to help me find a girl." "Who is this? Is this you Nancy?" I looked at Nancy and she shook her head at me. "Yes, this is Nancy." "Hey, Nance. So who's this girl we need to look for." "Well, the girl you saw riding home with my dumbass brother. He said you called her a freak." "No way am I looking for that freak." "But Steve I really need your help. Don't you want to help? Don't you want to help me look for her." "Fine, but only because I want to help you, no one else." "Bye Steve." "Bye Nance." "How dare you say that you're me Mike!" "Oh yeah, and he was going to help out if I said I was me, yeah that would've totally worked out." I said, rolling my eyes. "Still, that's entirely wrong to impersonate someone." In less than five minutes, Steve turned up, I gestured for Nancy to answer the door. She just rolled her eyes and sighed in exasperation. "Hey Nance!" He said, hugging her. "Steve! I can't believe you agreed to help us. To help me find the freak." "Anything for you, Nancy Wheeler." "We need to call Hopper as well." said Joyce. "Mrs Byers, no. We can't call the police, they'll turn it into a federal case and it'll become what happened when Will was in the Upside Down." "I know that Mike, and I want it to be like how it was when Will was in the Upside Down. I don't know about the rest of you but I want to find the girl, even if it kills me." "Joyce, you barely even know this girl." said Mum. "That's the same for you Karen. Only the boys really know who she is. I'm calling Hopper whether you like it or not." I looked at the Party and they all nodded. "Let's do this Mrs Byers." I said.