Chapter 6- The Case of the Missing Experiment 1-015 Part 1

Mike's POV

While Jonathan started to write up a missing persons poster, everyone else was gathering torches, food and everything else that could be used to find Fifteen. "Do I use this picture Mike?" Jonathan asked, gesturing towards the picture I had been given from the scientists. "Yeah, yeah." I said, distracted. I was too busy trying to gathering torches, small weapons like knives and bats as well as food. I grabbed rainjackets and umbrellas in case it started to rain. As I went to think about Doctor Brenner and the other two men when they came to the doorstep, Brenner wasn't in my mind, just the other two men explaining Fifteen and saying that she had run away but still saying that she had cancer. A sudden ball of lightning appeared next me, with a ball of fire next to Dustin and a ball of water next to Lucas. "Holy shit!" We all yelled. "Language!" said Mum, Dad, Mrs Sinclair, Mr Sinclair and Mrs Henderson in unison. "Sorry." We said, apologising. "What is that?" asked Nancy, approaching the balls. "I don't know, and I don't want to find out what happens if you touch it Nancy." I said, blocking her from touching it. "Uh, hello? Has anybody actually noticed that I'm here?" asked Steve, holding a knife in one hand and a bat with nails in it and in the other hand with a bag of food slung around his shoulder. "Yeah, but we don't need your help right now, Steve." said Dustin. "So am I needed here, or what's going on?" asked Steve. "Yes, you are Steve." said Nancy. "Have we stocked up now, kid? Or do we need to spend another 10 hours packing?" said Hopper, clearly annoyed.

"Hang on." said Jonathan, reaching for his pocket and pulling out a gun and Nancy did the same. "Jonathan Byers!" "Nancy Wheeler!" yelled Mum and Mrs Byers in unison. "It's for defence. We need it always. Ever since Will went missing, alright?" said Jonathan, trying to reason with both Mum and Mrs Byers. Mrs Byers put her head in her hands, clearly annoyed. "Fine. Fine. Fine! Let's get going." said Mrs Byers, throwing her hands in the air. "Hang on, Joyce. You're allowing our kids to own and use guns? That's outrageous." "But if it's going to help us find the girl, we need to use everything we have." said Mrs Byers, walking out the door. It was raining heavily, just like it was when Will went missing. Suddenly the ball of fire and ball of water changed their shape with the ball of lightning disappearing. The fire ball turned into an arrow pointing up and the water ball turning into an arrow pointing down. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" said Hopper. "I don't know why you're asking us. None of us clearly know what that weird ass thing is." I yelled. "Party over here." said Will.

The arrows seemed to follow us. The lightning reappeared and was a table in between both arrows. "So, let me get this clear, guys. It's not just me going mental. There is a fire arrow going up, a table made out of lightning and a water arrow going down." asked Lucas. "Basically, yeah. But we need to figure what it's saying." reasoned Dustin. "What it's saying? What it's saying! It's clearly just a bunch of weird symbols!" yelled Lucas. "No, it isn't." said Will, piping up. "What do you mean?" I asked, bewildered. "Look, fire is up, the table is normal and water is down. Up-table-down. The table is on the right side. It's on the upside and the water arrow is going down. Upside Down. Like I said before, she is in the Upside Down. This girl, she's absolutely terrified." explained Will. "Holy Shit!" yelled Dustin. "Language." scolded Mrs Henderson. "Sorry Mum." "But Will is right, it's an up arrow, the table is the right way up, being on the upside and there's a down arrow. Upside Down. But how do you know she's terrified?" said Dustin. "Because I was. We have to get out there and find her." "Okay, everyone. She's in the Upside Down." I said. "She's probably here in an Upside Down version of this room. That's how she is doing all this." reasoned Will. Suddenly a bow and arrow were in my hands. "I think she wants you to have a bow and arrow." said Dustin. "No shit Sherlock." said Lucas, hitting him. "Language, Lucas Charles Sinclair." scolded Mrs Sinclair. "Sorry." "But I don't even know how to do archery. I can barely kick a football, let alone shoot a bow and arrow!"