•1•

2 YEARS AFTER ARACHNIDS

~

THIRD PERSON POV

Heavy footsteps echoed off the walls as Rumlow and a few Hydra agents used their key card to get into the cryo storage. Rows of frozen human sized pill bottle tubes lined the walls front to back, frosted over with years of life they've missed out on. Asleep. Sleeping peacefully until they were awakened if needed. Backup plan after backup plan. If one failed, another took their place.

You cut off one head, two more take its place. A venomous snake slithering across the fallen civilians Hydra cut down for their own satisfaction. Hydra always had something to prove.

"Open it!" Rumlow barked, wiping his stubbly chin with the back of his hand.

Capsule #55 Lock A

The door hissed as a wave of cold smoke tumbled out and onto the floor. Subject V gasped, sucking the semi fresh oxygen the musty basement like room had to offer. The subjects eyes fluttered open, shutting due to the harsh fluorescents hanging from the ceiling.

"The chair. Now!" Rumlow growled after giving the black angel of death a once over.

Two beefy hydra agents grabbed subject V harshly, dragging her out of her cold cryo tube as her legs gave out from underneath her.

"W-where am... where am I?" Subject V croaked, hazily looking around the blurry room before her vision focused on Rumlow.

The two agents sat her down in the chair, strapping metal cuffs over her wrists before stepping behind Rumlow.

"Hello, y/n." Rumlows tan cheek wrinkled up as his chapped lips tugged into an oily smirk. "Or is it Venom?"

"What do you want?" Y/n rasped, swallowing thickly to try and rid herself from her scratchy throat.

"You've been assigned a mission." The head hydra agent chuckled softly, leaning back in the metal chair he grabbed earlier, "Should you choose to accept it."

"Not like I have a choice." Y/n growled.

"Everyone has a choice." The raven haired man leaned forward.

"Wise words coming from the man who takes peoples away." Y/n spat.

"Sometimes you have to do things yourself. You should know that better than anyone. I mean, you have all those super friends and yet... you seemed to be the only one looking for your brother." Rumlow signed, propping his feet clad in dirty black boots on the metal table between you two.