Chapter 2

The next day Rebecca woke up mid-afternoon, finally caught up on all her sleep. Her husband commanded that no one should bother her that day. She took a bath, got dressed and went on to find her husband. He was sitting on his throne, speaking to one of his generals.

She felt insecure as she approached him, but none of that insecurity was portrayed in her mannerisms.

"Good day husband", she says as he finished up with his conversation with the general.

"Hello wife", he replies.

"Will you join me for lunch?", she asks.

He nods and gets up, they leave towards the dining hall.

They sat down and ate their lunch, close to finishing in their awkward silence, he asked her,

"Did you sleep well?"

"I did. It has refreshed me. Thank you for not waking me", she responds.

"You clearly needed the rest. You haven't slept at all this past week", he replies, feeling relief that his wife is better, even if he doesn't show it to her.

"Malekith, I will return to Asgard soon. I fear for your realm as much as I fear for mine. Will you prepare protections against a potential attack from my sister?", she asks him.

"I have already begun my preparation. My people know of a possible threat, they are preparing as we speak", he tells her.

"I hate fighting. I hate death", she tells him earnestly, combing her fingers through her hair in worry. She knows she will have to fight her sister, hopefully her father will stand by her side as she does so.

Malekith grabs her hand, "You are a strong fighter. A great warrior. As much as I dislike the idea of you going to Asgard, I know you must. You will come back home as soon as possible".

She sees a glimpse of care in his eyes, it warms her heart.

"I will come back, I give you my word", she promises.

Time Skip

Those two weeks soon came to an end and it was time for Rebecca to head back to Asgard.

She was dressed in her armour, with Mjolnir in hand. She suspects that her sister will meet her by the Bifrost. If not, she will head straight for her parents and tell them of what Hela wishes to do.

She knows she will have to fight, she could die, but she will fight till her last breath for her old home.

Malekith walked her to the Bifrost location. He wishes he was the type of person to show affection. He doesn't know how to express the worry he feels for her. She is his, as he is hers. He can see she is reluctant but resolved at the same time. It's an admirable trait.

She has shared her worries that her sister will be the one to meet her at the gate, and if that were to happen, a fight might ensue.

"This is it", she says as they stand close to the circle where the bifrost will hit. She turns to her husband, and kisses him deeply for the first time since their wedding night on the lips. "Good-bye", she says.

She walked towards the circle branded in the ground.

The Bifrost activates and a few seconds later she is walking on the rainbow bridge. She spots her sister at the gate, just as she had predicted.

"Little sister!", Hela, greets loudly, "So good to see you again".

"Hello Sister", Rebecca replies coolly.