•1•

This story is a work of fiction, all characters, places, and situations are solely based on the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual person, place or events is purely coincidental.

***

Ranjith! Ranjith! Ranjith! Ranjith!

I was sitting at the edge of my seat, I was nervous thinking who is going to win in this football match, the most important game in our sports day. Our computer science department was on top of the list but this match is very important to win that or it may finish in the draw.

The match was in tie and Ranjith was going to kick the penalty shot, he came near the ball and kicked straight into the net and it was a goal, luckily the goalkeeper missed to catch the ball. It was a huge moment where everyone started to shout out loud and celebrated the victory, they all carried Ranjith and he was enjoying as well. I looked at him and smiled.

"What a great guy he is!" my friend Shakthi exclaimed to me.

"Yes he's a good player," I agreed without showing my admiration for him.

While leaving I looked at him again he was crowded by girls of our department they were all congratulating him and I also wanted to do that but I can't, because I don't want any rumors around me and I also don't want to add me in his fan followers list, it really sucks.

I am Priya, studying my second year of computer science engineering. I have worked really hard to get into this college, my college is one of the topmost colleges for engineering, and only toppers can get into this college. When I first entered here I found everything new to me and it took a year for me to mingle with everyone in my class and to know about my department. I was always a smart student in my class and till now I am the topper of my class. I like everything about my college and another thing that I am secretly doing was admiring Ranjith. I had a crush on him when the very moment I saw him in this college, in fact, he's the first person I met here.

***

On the first day of my college, me being so stupid, don't know where my class is, I can't find anyone in my way. Then as a god's gift I saw a guy walking before me, so I scurried to him.

"Excuse me,"

He turned, I was stunned, staggered and speechless. He looked so handsome and kind of hot.

"What?"

"Umm... do you know where the first-year computer science class?" I blabbered.

"Go straight and turn right, in upstairs your class," he said.

Before I could thank him he walked away from me then in a few seconds he vanished from my eyes. Then I went to my class, not even a soul looked at me and busy talking to their friends. I got a seat on the second desk, Shakthi was sitting next to me she smiled at me and asked my name. Then we introduced ourselves. The day went off, my professors came and informed about the subjects and gave an intro about them.

After a lunch break, three guys and two girls came into our class (of course seniors!). I saw him again, the handsome guy. Seeing him my heart started to beat faster, I looked at him and he saw at me but he turned away like he doesn't know me.

He started to speak,

"Hi everyone I am Ranjith your senior studying second-year," he said and smiled. "I am the department chairman," he started and talked about our department and our participation in the events. I couldn't listen to anything and kept gawking at him.