•2•

Next day I didn't see Ranjith and also I didn't say anything about yesterday events to Shakthi, I don't want to create any fuss since it isn't my business to involve in someone's matters.

In the afternoon Ranjith came to our class to announcing some competition details. I am not good at anything other than my studies so I didn't listen to him but I looked at Ranjith, he was wearing a blue shirt and black jeans added to this he was wearing glasses and looked handsome than anything in this world. When I was in my thoughts,

"Priya?" he called me and I looked at him. Everyone in my class was looking at me, I felt like whether they heard my thoughts?

"Collect the names for the competition and give it to me in the evening", he said in an ordering tone.

I just nodded, why he wanted me to do this and I looked at the class representative he's not there. Oh, that's why he asked me.

At the end of the class, I collected the name for the competition and only two people are interested in that. Evening Shakthi and I went to our favorite spot, asking her to wait I went to see Ranjith on the playground.

I prepared myself for how to talk with him while walking, he was busy playing so I sat on the bench and looked at him. He didn't notice me for a while and I don't want to disturb him. Seeing him made my heart to feel something that I can't express in words and to think about he's loving someone else made me hurt even more, out of so many people why I am having crush on you Ranjith, why I am loving you, these are the questions that I am having for one and a half years, but couldn't find answers for it.

Then I noticed he was looking at me. Brushing off my thoughts I stood up and he signaled me to wait. He was playing consciously, gazing at him I thought I should forget him, if I kept doing this then it will be difficult for me at the end.

But one last time I looked at him and smiled, OK Ranjith from tomorrow onwards I am going to avoid you and forget about you as much as possible. He kicked the goal and everyone appreciated him and he just smiled and walked towards me.

"Sorry I made you to wait," he apologized.

"It's fine," I gave the list and looked his facial features. He was drowning in the sweat yet he looked so handsome.

"Only two of them were participating," I said when he look at me.

"It's ok no problem," he said and looked at me.

"Yesterday you saw us right," he asked me.

I nodded yes, "Did you hear anything?" he asked.

"No I didn't hear anything but I saw that you two were not in a good terms,"

"Hmm, we're.." he started to say something but he stopped.
"Please don't tell about that to anyone, it's my request," he said.

"Yes sure I won't," I assured him.

"Thanks," he said.

"Ok then, I am leaving," I said and turned to walk straight. I am still wishing that Ranjith would call me but he didn't and I am a fool to wish it. I turned and looked at him to my surprise he was still looking at me but eventually turned and walked. And I did the same.

The weeks passed and I avoided him as much as I could, but sometimes I bumped to see him in that time I felt really sad, but I to have achieve in this goal I have to erase him from my mind. It was a Friday afternoon, there was a cultural program in our department, and we finished our unit tests two days before so I gladly went there to see.

The events were organized by a group of boys in that Ranjith is also there, he was walking here and there god he's making me to fail in my goal. I said Shakthi that I am not well and left the place.

Instead of going home I went to playground and as usually the place is filled with peace. I sat in the bench and looked around no one is there.

I took my earphone and put my playlist on. Then I thought that even the music I am listening is meant for Ranjith, each and every song in my playlist reminds him. God..... Why I changed like this?

It was all started for fun, but now he bought a separate place in my heart why I am like this? I closed my eyes a small prick of tear came out of eyes.

When I opened my eyes I saw someone was standing before me and these tears blurred my vision so I cleared my eyes and saw the person who I don't want to see.

Ranjith was standing before me and looking me intently, but why he's here? I don't know what to do at this moment I stared at him questioningly.

"Can I sit there?" he asked me.

"Ah.... yeah sure," I said and picked the bag I placed next to me.

He sat beside me, "Are you crying?" He asked looking at me.

"What?? No, I am just had something in my eyes," I lied.

"Oh," we both were silent for some time. "Priya?" he called and looked at me, "Will you be my girlfriend", he asked me suddenly.

"What" I said out of shock I can't believe this, he's asking me to be his girlfriend, but why on earth he's asking me.

"Don't be shocked and listen to me," he snapped me.

"You know what I am not in a relationship with Thanu or any other girl in our college I just talk with them, but they think like I am in love with them and they even started to tell that to everyone."

"And in the case of Thanu it has gone beyond the limit everyone is thinking like that I am a playboy. I don't like this kind of image," he gritted.

I was thinking is it real or my imagination and yes it's real. But why he's asking me to be his girlfriend suddenly.

"So I said that I am in love with someone, so that she won't bother me. But that's the biggest mistake I have done. She continuously pestering me to say who that girl is. So..."

"So?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"Will you be my girlfriend for just a year, then she won't disturb me and I also don't want to scold her for what she's doing. So will you?" He asked me.

"But why you're asking me there are several girls?" I asked him.

"Because I thought you're not interested in me and you will never fall in love with me. You're different from other girls and you're always showed interested in your studies. So I thought you can help me." Oh Stupid! You did not even saw it for once? The love.

I thought for a few minutes but I have already decided to accept his offer.

"Ok I accept, but what I will get in this?" I asked.

"Hmm... what you want?" he said with a smile.

"You have to give your notes for communication systems." He just laughed like I said a joke, "yeah sure I will give that to you but you have to return that after you studied," he said.

"Hmm sure," I nodded giving a thumbs up.

"Ok Priya from Monday onwards you're going to be my girlfriend so be ready," he said shoving his hand into his pocket.

Yeah I also waiting for that, I thought but I just nodded.

"And one more thing I have to say, I know that you won't fall in love with me but promise me that you won't, in case if you have feelings for me in future say that to me immediately and then we will officially end this," he said in a firm tone.

"I won't fall in love with you, you're not my type so you can trust me,"

"Thank you," he said and left.

The smile that I had faded away and my face filled with sadness what I have done was utterly a stupid thing, but I can't miss this opportunity even for the sake this feelings I want to know what type of person he is. But how I am going to hide the fact that I am in love?