•3•

It was that Monday morning, I was walking to my class nervously. Ranjith didn't show up till the afternoon. After finishing our lunch Shakthi and I walked to our class, I froze at that spot when I saw Ranjith standing in front of our class and talking to some of my classmates.

"Hey Priya," he said with a big smile and looking at me with amusement like a real lover. I don't know what to do I just smiled and everyone looking at us with a surprise including Shakthi.

He walked towards me with a smiling face full of color god what I am seeing is real or reel because I thought these kinds of things will never happen between us but... it's happening.

"Hey Priya why you didn't come to meet in the lunch I waited for you baby," he said.

"But... you didn't call me," I acted along.

He grabbed my hand, "Meet me after the classes," he winked.

I looked at him walking away from me, though it's just acting you don't know Ranjith how I felt when you touched my hand... I don't know what you're doing to me.
The day went embarrassingly everyone in my class looking at me and discussing among themselves. Shakthi was quite angry at first then I put all the fault on Ranjith telling he asked me to keep it as secret.

The days passed, it's been ten months and there's only a month for my fourth-semester exam to start. In these ten months, I have become a good friend with Ranjith, I can tell one thing that he's totally took my heart. I don't know how he feels about me but I love him now, it's all a crush first but now I started to love him unconditionally...

In this ten months of time I tried to avoid him, hate him and get him out of my mind but nothing happened, I sometimes feel why he asked me as his girlfriend whether he's in love with me, but he never showed any sort of things, and I asked myself why I am in love with him, I even searched on Google why people fall in love but the answer for that is nowhere and I felt like a stupid. But it also makes me realize that I am still a human who has uncontrollable feelings.

I even tried to confess my love to him but that will ruin our beautiful friendship. And I even got a chance, one day when I was studying at my favorite spot.

Ranjith came and sat beside me out of nowhere. He smiled and I noticed there's a small redness in his jaw and it's swelling lightly.

"What happened to your face?" I worried.

"It's just a small fight," he said.

"Fight? But see your face it's red and swollen we have to visit the doctor and who did this to you?" I asked him without controlling my sentiments.

"It's not a big deal leave it," he said.

"But we have..." before I could say anything, he cut off me. "Priya it's nothing."

"What happened?" I asked him.

"I fought with Kavin while playing,"

"We should report this to HOD," I said.

He smiled, "if we report then I am the one going to get punished, he is in the Hospital. But don't worry sometimes it happens," I nodded.

I looked at him, "Is that hurts?" I asked and lifted my hands to touch his face, I touched his cheeks with my finger and examined his injury. But I forgot he is close to me soon when I felt his hot breathe I turned blushing hard.

"Priya what's your plan after your studies?" he asked me.

"Hmm... I will get a job," I said.

"Then?" He asked.

"Then what, I will get married to a guy that my parents choose for me," I said but I felt something bitter inside.

He nodded, "what you will do", I asked him.

"I am planning to become an entrepreneur, I will work in my dad's company for some time then I will start my own business," he said.

"Great", I smiled.

Ranjith will you marry me why we can't be together, I am loving you a lot and I don't have a way to get you out of my mind, please will you save me by accepting my love, I wanted to confess this at that moment but I can't, I am afraid of being rejected by him. It will break my heart more than my one-sided love.

I thought what will happen when this all comes to an end, there's only a year and I have to confess my love before it's too late.

***

Priya I think you got second mark in this semester, Shakthi said after checking my results in online.

"Oh!! What? I am second," I asked her cause I never got second mark.

"I think Divya, Hey but don't worry we can see it in the next semester", she said and patted my shoulders.

I am not feeling sad for getting second rank but I am more confused of myself. The only way to get out of this is to confess my feelings for Ranjith, but how I am going to do that?? I can't say directly that I am loving him. Then I got a wonderful idea from an old movie. That idea is none other than writing a letter. I thought it will be simple and the easiest way I had right now.

I finished writing the letter in my holidays and my sixth semester started I always had that letter in my bag and I tried to give that to him whenever we meet. But Ranjith was very busy with his project work, I rarely got a chance to meet him. If we met accidentally he only say formal hi and bye nothing more than that.

Days passed I decided on returning the notes to Ranjith and I kept the letter inside one of the books. I am afraid in giving that in person, I am a stupid idiot and a coward that's why I can't have him. There is only three months for Ranjith to complete his degree then I don't know I can get a chance to meet him again.

I was in an oscillation whether to call Ranjith or not, then I pulled all my courage and called him.

"Hello Priya," I heard his voice and had goosebumps on my skin.

"I wanted to return your notes so I called you for asking when you will come to the college," I asked as he rarely shows up to the college and he's very busy with his project work.

"I think this Friday I will come for the final presentation and I will meet you in the evening," he said.

"Ok," I said and I don't know why I am feeling like this is going to be our last meeting.

"I will call you later," Ranjith said and abruptly ended the call.

So Ihave to wait till Friday and it's all going to end. Then I remembered on Friday ismy birthday. So I am going to have a heartbreak on my birthday.