CHAPTER 15

The first day for Wolverine dawns in Shenzhen. He yawns and stretches his limbs. He listens to the sounds around him, and he becomes alert and tense by unfamiliar noises from honking horns and passing cars. Then a taxi comes shrieking to a standstill, the driver jumps out of the taxi and barges into the park against the wind to relieve himself, not knowing he is very close to Wolverine hiding in the bush next to him.

Immediately Wolverine flexes his muscles and rushes out of the bush. The taxi driver breaks out in a cold sweat, turns quickly around and runs to his taxi, nervously fumbling his car key out of his pocket. He drops the key on the ground, quickly picks it up with shaking hands, inserts it in the door lock, in an instant opens and closes the door. Then he inserts the key in the ignition, ignites the engine and dashes off like crazy.

A couple of blocks away from the park there is a bus that leaves some passengers at a bus stop and takes more on the bus. Then it jerks quickly to motion and turns fast to the same road which the taxi is speeding on. A loud crash can be heard at a crossroad. The bumpers of the bus and of the taxi have kissed a bit too hard.

The police arrive at the scene, see that a bus and a taxi have had a crash and say,

'Taxis and buses,

the more passengers they take,

the more money they make,

so they are accident prone,

in this Chinese zone.'

---

QUESTION: Why do you think this accident happened? How could they have avoided it?

---

Then he checks the drivers' condition. The bus driver is unharmed but the taxi driver has a bleeding wound on his forehead.

The taxi driver says, 'There's a big, dark, fast-moving beast in the park!'

A police officer says to his colleague, 'The driver is hallucinating. He has received a blow on his head and is talking nonsense.'

The taxi driver insists, 'It's a big beast, really big. Believe me!'

'You had better catch it and quick before it hurts anybody.'

The other officer says, 'We had better take him to hospital to have a thorough check-up.'